Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A little quilty something happened today!!!

I wanted to stay home ALLLLL day in my jammies!!! And that is EXACTLY what I am doing! I decided to make a postcard for Christmas bridging our lives in MN to our lives in KS. It's ok...nothing super-duper (KS is a boring shape!!!). I put a white bead where we live(d) in each state and just strung a string of Christmas lights around it...I'm OK with it.

It started out raining this morning. Dan (our fireman) came home from his 24 hour shift around 8:20 or so this morning. Within 20 mins his pager went off and his depts. 4 stations had responded to 4 accidents within about 5 miles of each other on one single stretch of road. Dan was glad he was off duty! The rain has turned to ice and while Dan was out getting his haircut and a few groceries for me. He called while at the grocery store and ALL firefighters were called back to the station because they were overwhelmed with calls. Pray for their safety and all people on the roads today. It's supposed to warm up and turn to rain so hopefully he won't be gone too long.
Now to go upstairs to the sitting room, turn the fireplace on and read a book! AWWW...life is good!!!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Enjoy the quiet day in your jammies :>) !! I like your bridge between KS and MN ~ after all the time on the road I am sure it felt good doing just a little bit of sewing today! I do hope Steve is home soon, the roads have been really bad in our area too! Weird weather! H/LY