Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Soccer Quilts are DONE!!!!!

The quilts for my son's college soccer banquet on Sunday are DONE!!! The first one here was actually made in 2004. I hung on a quilt rack during soccer seasons. Now it is going to be given to Jessice, their team manager/stat girl! She DESERVES it!!!

And here is the finished product of the star siggy blocks from this post. (scroll down to see the signing part) Remember that?

I did a meandering star pattern on the borders.

The background of the center medallion was done in swirls...kind of a water/wind looking fill. I used a blue/yellow variegated thread on the whole quilt.

And here is the backing. I did manage to get rid of quite a bit of my soccer ball fabrics! WOOHOO!!!

I'll take pictures at the banquet and post an update next week! Have a good week everyone!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Another great quilt created by you Laurie ~ the coach and the stats keeper will be thrilled with their quilts! It is NO SURPRISE that the quilts are amazing...I love what you did with the stars in the border...and the center applique is so creative! GOOD JOB, once again! H/LY

Mary Johnson said...

The signature soccer quilt looks great. I bet you're glad to have it finished.