Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Bittersweet Award

My son Kevin, who plays soccer at North Park University in Chicago was named CCIW Conference Player of the Week on Tuesday. It is an AWESOME honor but it became bittersweet when his team lost 1-0 in the conference semifinal of the tournament. In order for the team to go to the National Tournament now they have to wait until Sunday and see if they get an "at large" bid. If they had won the tournament they would get the automatic bid. There were a lot of long faces after the game and some tears. The team finished the season at 19-2-2! Nothing to hang their heads about! Keep your fingers crossed that good news comes along on Sunday/Monday!!!

Here's a link to the article: http://www.cciw.org/fall_soccer_m/POW06_9.php

Here's a pic of Kevin. I can't tell you how proud I am of this young man. He is a kind, smart, gentle, handsome, and loving person. Seeing Kevin after the game Tuesday night was one of those painful moments for a mom. I didn't have any words to say to him that could take the agony of defeat away. All I could do was give him a hug and tell him I loved him.


I LOVE YOU KEVIN!!!!!
Heart
M

No comments: