Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thankfulness

My day started out great. A friend who found me on the internet for longarming e'd me yesterday and wanted to stop by to show me a snowman quilt she was donating to charity and before she donated it she knew i'd like to see it. She said her camera wasn't working properly. Well, long story short...Cindy had to stop by here at 7AM cuz it was the only time I could squeeze her in. I said to her, "WHAT CHARITY is THIS quilt for?" She said, "I fibbed! It's FOR YOU!!!!!" I will post a pic later...when someone is home to hold it up for me. She is the QUEEN of scrap quilts...I mean, she makes a quilt and then proceeds to make a scrap quilt out of the leftovers! I always told her how much I admire that in her. She on the other hand, admires my talents as well!!!

Anywho...she also gave me a cardinal painted on a sandstone type surface that I will hang in my sewing room, a mug that has snowmen on it, and some little M&M dispensers that have hats to match the snowmen!

The funny part was that I dropped quilts off to her house last Firday and the fabrics in my quilt were on her ironing board and I was admiring them! LOVED 'EM LOVED 'EM LOVED 'EM! I even asked her what she was going to do with them...her answer...A SCRAP QUILT!!! Little did I know it was for ME!!!

Here are a few pics...Cindy called the quilt "Laurie's Woozle Quilt". Woozle is the word she uses instead of utility quilt!!! She stitched it into the binding.




I'm very blessed to have Cindy in my life...she is really a neat person and a true friend. She asked if it was ok to give a quilter a quilt! I said ABSOLUTELY!!! One I didn't have to make my self! LOL

Have a happy thanksgiving tomorrow. I did all the prep work...all that is left is to set the table.

Hugs
Laurie

3 comments:

Granny said...

What a neat quilt and a great gift!

Happy Thanksgiving to y'all!

Judy L.

Shelina said...

Laurie, You are so right, it is a beautiful quilt with such pretty colors. What a wonderful friend you have to give it to you.

Mary Johnson said...

What a cute quilt - as a quilter I love receiving quilts made by others. I have several my mom made and some from my sisters too.