Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sigh...

Well, we perservered thru a winter storm in Iowa and Minnesota to arrive safely at our destination. Then my son's team played their soccer game in 25 degree temps with winds out of the southeast...COLD...

Unfortunately, we outplayed the opponent and lost. GRRRRRRRRRR...We lost 2-1 and my DS scored our only goal...it was awesome in that my DS had 18 family/friends in the crowd. But he was bummed that the team lost!

Life goes on...

3 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

Sorry to hear your son's team lost - and maybe even more sorry to read the words Minnesota and winter storm in your post! Keith and I head out early Friday morning for Minneapolis. I'll stay up there with him for 10 days and then head home alone to finish getting ready for the move. I hope it's not too cold!

Patti said...

A good lesson to learn, unfortunatley. Playing very well doesn't always achieve a win. Sometimes luck and the odds are just against a team. I always remind myself of that when my Seattle mariners lose.

Sounds like horrible weather to play in. Must have been VERY cold watching - at least they were moving around!

Anonymous said...

Laurie, good to see you back online and blogging! I didn't realize that you had been posting till I read your comment a bit ago. Too bad about the soccer team but I bet you feel good about your son making the goal.

I think I may have seen the quilty rest stop in a Fons and Porter magazine--they are located in Winterset which is outside of Des Moines. Would make sense??