Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Thursday, November 23, 2006

What a day!!!!!

WOW...what a day it was!!! I have to back up to last night...a little background info!

Sarah played indoor soccer last night...I chose to stay home but at the last minute decided to go if Dan would go with me. Dan didn't want to so I stayed in my jammies. She called me and said she rolled her ankle and messed up her knee. I felt badly that I didn't go. I haven't seen her yet so I have no clue as to what happened. She said it hurt like crazy when it happened and she has a very high pain tolerance. I am hoping she didn't tear her ACL because she doesn't have any insurance...we can't carry her anymore because she's not a full time student.

Now for today. She came downstairs at 10:30 or so and was in major pain with lots of tears. OUT OF CHARACTER for her. So I said, let's go, we're going to the ER. She cried more and said I can't afford it...I don't have insurance. I said, it's not about insurance, it's about finding out what is wrong with you. Off we go to the ER...xrays taken and we find out she fractured her ankle. The put a temporary splint on it and said we need to call an ortho and get an appt for her ankle and knee. She is on crutches right now and not a happy camper. She is a server and this time of year (the holidays), servers make a ton in tips.

Here she is on crutches and her resting her leg on my lap!


Here is a picture of my youngest 2 who decided to "dress for dinner"!! LOL
And lastly, a big thumbs up for turkey day dinner!!!
I hope everyone's day was less eventful than mine!!!

Hugs
Laurie

4 comments:

Gail said...

Sorry to hear of Sarah's ankle. Hope she recovers quickly and things get ironed out without much more stress.

Linda C said...

Poor Sarah and poor mom and dad! Sports injuries are bound to happen but yikes. My niece had just started her season with the U of I volleyball team and boogered up her knee and is now recuperating from surgery--early enough to red shirt but not good for work and getting around campus.

KnittySue said...

OMG I found you,I've been missing my Lexie friends and I can't believe I found you. I'm so sorry for Sarah...been there OUCHHHH! and also had no Ins. Things have a way of working out, so don't let her worry.
I just started a blog, out of lonliness and the weight of the world on me...Please come visit my site and give me an e-mail, sure miss your kindness and strength.
KnittySue a.k.a.SueG
God Bless
www.knittingasfastasican.blogspot.com

Patti said...

Looks like you had a nice dinner in spite of all the trauma and drama. I'm so sorry to hear about Sarah's ankle. I hope it's not really as bad as it sounds - the knee and everything else. Poor girl!