Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I'm sad and disappointed

I work 2 days a week at a local restaurant as a hostess. I love my job and the kids I work with. When I get a tip on an order to go I put it in a special jar with a cork top that my best girlfriend here gave me for Christmas...it said "beer money" on it. I received a $2.50 tip today and went to put it in my jar when I got home. I was SHOCKED when I saw the jar GONE...as well as the money, which was only about $20 but hey, it was mine.

I have a very strong feeling about who took it and it makes me sick to my stomach since it is one of my kids...one who took over $500 from me before we moved (money I was saving for a great sewing center). The same child we have bent over backwards to help with his addictions...I have no proof...I searched his car and room...nothing. I would bet he threw it away. The money is secondary...but since moving here 6 years ago I FINALLY feel happy here and have girlfriends. And the jar was from a person who I consider my BEST friend here...it is irreplacable...

I guess I will just pray that God gives me guidance here...

thanks for letting me vent

4 comments:

Saska said...

I'm so sorry you're going thru this. Keep praying that it will all work out in the end.

Barb said...

Oh Laurie, I am sorry and please know how much I care! Keep the faith and try to remember God never gives us more then we can handle -- but for sure sometimes it feels like 'enough already'!! H/LY and I am praying!

jacquie said...

I'm so sorry this happened. It must be terribly hard for you. There is a great verse on Wee Toes and Noggins today that helped me. Sending hugs back your way!!

Rose said...

Oh, I know just what you are feeling. I always have a 'bank' that I put dimes in, as well as ones for quarters, nickels, and pennies. My kids know where they all are, and know if they need to, they are welcome to it. Except I don't touch my dimes....cause they knew where the other was kept. For some reason I kept my dime bank by the stove. I had it a bit more over half full 4 or 5 years ago, and happened to glance at it and it was almost empty! It had to be some kid that visits, but I never could believe one of them would do it...just didn't even want to think it. At least two or three of the kids also knew where the quarters were and knew they were welcome to some if they needed them. Needless to say after that they were all put totally out of sight....I had rather give away $20 as to lose 5 or have it stolen....