Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Monday, April 28, 2008

Things that go BEEP in the night!

Thursday evening, right as DH was going to bed...BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! WHY does this happen at bedtime? After about 15 minutes we get those darn things that "go beep in the night" to shut up! Fingers crossed we go to bed! Thankfully, wee get a full night's sleep! WHEW!!!

Along comes Friday night. Bedtime...guess what??? NOPE, you are WRONG! There is nothing from those darn things that "go beep in the night"!!! WOOHOO!!! Maybe it was just a quirk the night before!

Saturday is a great day at Beerfest. DH is exhausted and decides to go to bed VERY early at about 9:30. BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! WHY does this happen AGAIN at bedtime? After about 5 minutes we get those darn things that "go beep in the night" to shut up AGAIN!!! Fingers crossed DH goes to bed and all stays quiet! I go to bed at
midnight and all is quiet. Once again We sleep through the night!

Sunday I go to Home Depot and purchase 8 new CULPRITS!!!! The old ones have to go! My helper assists me in replacing the CULPRITS...have you guessed it yet??? SMOKE DETECTORS!!! They all had to be replaced...now we are safe, protected, and living in harmony!!!

Here is Fireman Dan doing his job...for room and board of course! LOL...Wasn't it smart of him to wear protective head gear? It made me giggle!!!

A thoughtful pose from Fireman Dan!

While I was taking a ladder back out to the garage Dan armed himself with the camera! He didn't think it was right that there wasn't a picture of me working on the smoke detectors! Gotta love this kid!

3 comments:

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Oh dear! At my Dad's they are hardwired and go off ALL spring - spider webs and pollen and dust all set them off so we are constantly vacuming them out. Dad doesn't hear them anyway so he doesn't know what all the fuss is about. Once I was house-sitting for my sister and hers went off - I called to find out how to get them to go off and she said I had to call the fire department! Little Boy was pretty thrilled when they pulled in with a fire truck. And since they were there anyway they did a nice little fire safety thing for the kids - showed them a safe spot to go outside in case there ever is a real fire, put their masks on, etc. Nice that you had help and hopefully now they won't go off for no reason.

Cheers!
Evelyn

Rose said...

I had to laugh....one time we had moved and I had a box or two under the bed that I had not unpacked. In it was a smoke detector and it started beeping in the middle of the night...took us a while to figure it out. I am sure I didn't take it down to move it, but don't recall why there was a smoke detector packed away with a battery in it.

Barb said...

LOL and my question is -- WHY do they always beep in the night, and I am the only one in this house that is bothered by that? Hubby sleeps right thru everything that happens! One night there was a mouse in the attic, it kept me awake and hubby COULD NOT hear it!! Selective hearing maybe ;>p ?

Again Laurie -- could you maybe send Dan my way? He helps with curtains and he installs smoke detectors - I NEED DAN!