Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

LOOOONG Day

My FIL had triple bypass surgery and a leaky valve fixed today. He's doing well but it was about 2 hours longer than we thought and I was getting antsy. He is in intensive care now and will be awakened by the nurses in about 90 mins and hopefully have the throat tube removed.

THEN...to top it all off...I got a call from DD that her bank account had been drained and that their rent check bounced! YIKES!!! She had her best friend, whom i know and love, stay at her apt. this past weekend to take care of her dog while we were at the wedding. Unfortunately, DD believes that her best friend's boyfriend did the ATM withdrawals. The bank verified that it was a male who made 2 $300 withdrawals...one on Saturday and one on Sunday. I wanted her to file a police report so we went to the station. They wanted a statement from the bank showing the 2 withdrawals. When we got to the bank she said I can't do this to my best friend. I said HUH??? You are willing to let your best friend date someone that all fingers point to as having stolen from you...2 withdrawals and he also took $150 cash as well. She said she didn't want to ruin her friendship with her friend and that the bank was giving her all but $100 back so she was only out $250. OMG DD...if this situation were reversed wouldn't you want to know your BF was a schmuck????? I sure as heck would! As DD said, "this sucks"...and it does. Either way she goes at it it stinks. BUT...I told her that she cannot move in with her best friend in August if she is still dating this guy. She agreed. The thing is, this guy got into her online bank account somehow, changed the security questions and erased the history on her puter for just THE WEEK that his online stuff was done! This whole situation sickens me...I just hope that DD realizes that she needs to tell her best friend about her fears. Pray that this situation works out to the best case scenario!

CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Rose said...

Oh my! For one thing, your DD should warn her friend if nothing else. This stuff scares me! Just think how he will treat her! I am almost so stunned that I am speechless!

I hope your FIL recovers quickly--with heart surgery they usually do.

jacquie said...

Laurie, I'm so sorry. What a time you've had. I hope your DD comes to that realization too. What kind of a person does something so despicable? I guess I know the answer, but I don't want to think there are folks out there who would do such things.