Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Just need to hand stitch the binding!!!

WOOHOO!!! The king size quilt for our bed is off the machine. Now for the handstitching on the binding! This will take awhile! (click on pictures to see details)

Ignore the youngest! LOL...he said he just couldn't resist...if you look closely at the left side of the picture above, he is peeking out! I needed this laugh today!

Here is a closeup of the quilting. I used the Circle Lord Aztec template for the white spaces. I am pleased with how it turned out.

Here is the backing...this whole quilt was done from STASH!!!!!

Closeup of the quilting in the floral block...I think you can see it better on the back...hopefully anyway!!

I had this MN fabric...many of you know that MN is definitely HOME for me...I lived there all my life til 6 years ago and I still miss it!

OK...Here's the fabric busting I did on this baby!!!
TOP: 9 yards
BACKING: 13 yards
BINDING: 1 yard
TOTAL FABRIC BUSTED THIS QUILT: 23 yards

TOTAL FABRIC BUSTED 2008: 70 yards
TOTAL FABRIC BOUGHT 2008: 75.75 yards
NET FABRIC 2008: 5.75 yards (woohoo...I am almost getting caught up my spree in California!!!)

5 comments:

Barb said...

AWESOME -- I LOVE, LOVE IT!! You did GREAT with the quilting, but that is not a surprise! Great colors for you! Hi to Dan peeking out around your quilt, and face making in front of it - gotta love that kid, oh wait I mean youngman! H/LY

jacquie said...

King size...that's a lot of binding! I really love this. It's wonderful you made it all from stash! It's a great quilt to show off your quilting skill.

Rose said...

That sure is a stunning quilt!

You sound like you are by MN the way I am by TN--I have lived in Indiana much longer than Tennessee, but TN is still home and always will be.

KnittySue said...

NIIICE..and little one is cute to. I looked at your slide show and had to LOL as I've been hand quilting my chos and harmony quilt and your's is so nicely FINISHED. How many years has it been...geez I've got to get movin on that.

Mary Johnson said...

It looks great and what a wonderful job you did stashbusting. I need to make a new quilt for our bed but I keep putting it off - king size quilts are NOT my favorite!