Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Friday, April 25, 2008

Keeping our kids safe

I turned my cell phone on and my text message sound went off. Here is what it said: "I love you guys!!! Not sure if I said it enough!" It was sent by Kev! GOSH it made my heart melt and it was the BEST start to a day ever!!!


This happens later in the day:
My stomach is in knots. Dan was looking at my cell phone's txt msgs and said, "OH, you got the same txt from Kev that Joe and I did." I said, "Sarah probably did then too." Dan told me that he tried to call Kev but didn't get him. He suspected the Kev got robbed. I said naw, he would've called me about that. I asked where these thoughts were coming from. Dan told me from Kev's facebook posting. I went to Kev's facebook and found this:

2:55am Kevin thinks nobody really realizes what happened tonight.
2:48am Kevin is happy to be alive!

OK...WHAT IS GOING ON? Then Dan's phone rings and it's Kev. Seems that Kev and some of his friends were at a bar last night and got jumped by several guys while leaving there. Kev got away and called 911. One of his friend's is beat up a bit and one got a slight concussion. Seems that the guys Kev were with were trash talking to this group in the bar. Kev told Dan that he tried to get the guys to knock it off but they didn't. Anyway, no one was hurt and I hope that THEY LEARNED A LESSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am thankful that all is well but sad that Kev and his friends were very unintelligent! UGH...KIDS!!!

After talking to Kev tonight, one kid who he was not with, but is on the soccer team, was doing all the trash talking. It was a Latino gang who came after them. One stupid kid put several kids' lives in danger. It was great to hear his voice!

Thank you God for keeping my sweet child Kev alive!

2 comments:

jacquie said...

So glad he is OK!

Barb said...

'AMEN' to your thank you for the safety of Kev! This is when you want to pull them back and hug them tight! I am also thankful that he is OK, lets pray that it NEVER happens again!