Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

For those wanting to lose weight

I clicked on a diet banner on my yahoo mail page last night. It sent me to the Discovery Channel website. I haven't looked closely at this whole program because I don't want to register, but this much I know:

*it's free
*you can get 8 weeks free at Bally's if you join (unsure if there's a contract committment or not and you certainly could do your own exercise if you don't have a Bally's)
*getting the Discovery Channel is useful
*if you register you have access to lots of menus and recipes

Also, I did a google search typing in "free online diet programs" and there were a LOT of them! One is Ediets.com, along with many others.

I hope this helps anyone trying to lose weight this year! Remember...it's not a DIET but a LIFESTYLE CHANGE!!! Change just one thing a week in your diet. Maybe this week it's drinking less caffeine and more water every day, next week it's eating a piece of fruit instead of a cookie everyday, the next week you eat veggies instead of potatoe chips. Small changes like this will add up and make your LIFESTYLE CHANGE easier!!! Going cold turkey is HARD HARD HARD!!! Trust me, that's what I did on my LIFESTYLE CHANGE and I warned my family I might become a B#@*&!!!! LOL Forewarned is forearmed!!!

Also, exercise, ANY type of exercise is important. BUT...if you hate the exercise you chose find something else. You won't stick with it if you don't enjoy it! That much I know!!! Maybe today you walk for 10 mins...tomorrow 15...next week 20 mins...and so. Do what your body says you can do. It's important to listen to your body!!!

I need to get back on track after the holidays as well. This week has been tough but I am determined to make my goals BEFORE 2/1!!! I HAD 4 lbs to lose to goal BEFORE the holidays...it might be more now! But I have told myself I will weigh in again on Friday.

Have a great day!

6 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

Yes, trying to do too many things at the same time is a recipe for disaster! It is amazing what little changes here and there can accomplish! Isn't starting a new year just refreshing, and it makes one thing that anything is possible!

Mary Johnson said...

I'd seen that ad for the Discovery Channel online - I was tempted but I know that the only exercise I like is hiking so free gym membership isnt' going to encourage me. I'm thinking of joining Weight Watchers. I'd like to lose 25lbs and really need to change the way I cook - too much pasta and bread!

Finn said...

Hi Laurie...one silly ole grumpy bear...bearing hugs for you in return..*VBS* Thanks sweetie!! Hugs, Finn : )

Granny said...

I don't want to talk about diets! :(

Judy L.

The Calico Cat said...

Thanks for the reminder.... (I need them...) I also need to up my water. I was "happy" with tea in the morning and wter the rest of the work day.... I had tea and then coffee mixed with hot cocoa this morning..... (Don't get me started on how much soda I drink at home....)

Mary Johnson said...

on the subject of books - Grafton writes mystery - female PI. I see that you like Janet Evanovich and Grafton is similiar in that she has a series of books with the same character - hers are more serious not quite as fun or silly as Evanovich but I enjoy them both.