Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Monday, January 23, 2006

What a day!!!

WOW...what a day. It started with my weigh in I lost half a pound since Friday. I was very frustrated...I have lost more fat and built more muscle...so that is GOOD! :tu I did complain a bit though. I am tired of hearing "be patient...the last few pounds are the hardest to lose". YEAH i said...but it's been 3 MONTHS!!! SO...after a bit of whining...the gal who runs the place sat down with me. Marcia said she suspects that my body is taking everything I am giving it and keeping it because of my exercise. She put me on the first menu of maintenance which is higher in carbs. No longer exact menus for each meal but 1200 calories broken down into fruits/veggies/carbs/proteins and eat them as you wish. I am SOOOOOOOO excited to have dairy products back...along with lots of other things!

Next, it was off to helping Joe move in. Things went very well there...just a lot of trips up 3 flights of stairs! It was good exercise for me AND Joe!!!

After several trips to and fro we got him moved in. Dan met us at the Goodwill and Joe bought a couch and a couple of end tables. Funny thing though...Joe saw this kidney shaped black table with a set in glass top. It was only $25 but it was wobbly. I said let's find out why it's wobbly. So we were shaking the table gently and Joe said I think it's down at this end. I said, hmmm...let's turn it over and see exactly WHAT is wrong with that end. WELL...I did NOT know that glass table tops are NOT secure...the glass SHATTERED to the ground!!!!!:eek:eek YEPPERS>..the glass top was in a gazillion pieces. I said "Oh SH#$" and there was a grandpa and his little granddaughter standing there. I apologized profusely for that bad word.

SO...I told the lady that i didn't know what the policy was about such accidents but that I would pay for it. She said she didn't know either and would check. She came back and said, it's ok...no need to pay but all of the employees here get to whip ya once! I said "Bring it on!" Then Joe decided that he wanted the frame and would have Dan make a center for it in his Woods class at work. The guy gave it to us for $5!

Then Joe went to run a couple of errands and a guy saw me moving some stuff into Joe's apt. He said do you want this microwave cart? I said are you going to throw it away? He said yep. I said sure! He also had a little wire shelving unit on wheels and I said how bout that? He said want it? YEP! SO...I got those for Joe for FREE!!!

Dan was bringing something up the stairs and the guy asked if we'd want this 4'x2' throw rug as well! YEP!!! THEN...Joe came back from getting his big stuff from the house he was in and I told him about the "stuff". We saw the man who gave them to us and Joe thanked him. He came out with a toaster and asked if Joe wanted that too!!! Joe said is there a microwave in there? :lol:lol There wasn't but the guy, it turned out was the maintenance guy for the complex! I was relived to know he was such a kind soul!!!

Then Joe took us out to get pizza for dinner...it was a PERFECT day!!! Steve and I are WAY more happy that he's in this new place than in a house that is going to get out of hand with drugs. Joe told Steve (I left them to chat a bit at dinner while I came home) that he thinks his former roommate is doing crack as well as other stuff. Joe said he hasn't smoked pot since August and he doesn't want to go there again. Steve asked how old Dave is and Joe said 33. Steve said to Joe...and if you kept on the old track you were on you could be where Dave is today. Joe said he knows that but he doesnt' want to get to that point in his life. Moving was a MUST!

Steve told Joe too that he is an AWESOME manager at Moe's. He said and you know from me coaching you in soccer that I don't hand out compliments like that easily!!!

We will continue to pray that Joe stays on the straight and narrow!!!

Tomorrow I start work...should be interesting!!!
Hugs
Laurie

5 comments:

Cher said...

how exciting to help Joe move and have so many free things given to help him out! He is very lucky to have you for a mom!

Debra Dee said...

Let Joe know that all the quilters are proud of him!

Finn said...

Hurray for being able to begin the maintaintance menu!! That should help I would think!! Hang in there, you'll make it!!

And so great to have everything work out ok at Goodwill and then FREEBIES!! Wow..and a good connection to the onsite guy.Sounds like a good day!! Hugs, Finn

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Moving is always sooo much work - and stairs too, oh my! Glad that you got your son all settled in to his new space.

Enjoy your new foods! And remember - if you are exercising that muscle weighs more than pounds so at this point more progress can usually be seen by measuring inches, not weighing pounds. Keep at it - sounds like you have lots of support.

Cheers!

Evelyn

Granny said...

Laurie: I'm so happy Joe is moved and got some great "stuff" for free. Sounds like things are looking up for him.

Was hoping to catch you on here and see how your day went. Bet you're tired!!

Judy L.