Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Work yesterday...

Well, I survived my first day of work! I just had to laugh because not one of the managers knew I was coming! AND...the person they want me to replace, April, was who was training me! That is the ONE person that Paul did NOT want me being trained by!!! The managers on duty were so apologetic. I said no problem! What I had to learn is the numbering of the tables/sections and how to seat properly. THAT is the hard part for me. I know how to greet people and be friendly!!! :0) April did fine but she definitely is NOT trainer material! LOL I will go back today at 10:15, again with April, which cracks me up...but I believe Paul is the morning manager so he might have me doing some other stuff. Time will tell! I definitely need to get better shoes though! I might just wear my tennis shoes today! ;o)

Joe stopped by last night after working. I had bought him a few things for his apt. while I was at Target. He just LOVES his new place! Then he called me a little after 10pm and said that Ryan (a coworker at the liquor store Joe works at) was coming over to see his new place. NOW...I was THRILLED to hear this as Ryan is a SUPER kid. He and Joe get along so well! Joe said to me, "Mom, Ryan is someone who I should be hanging around with. He's never smoked pot and never will smoke pot. His friends don't either!!!" I said, "I'm glad to hear that!" Joe said, "Well Dave was not a good living arrangement for me with all the drugs he and his wife were doing every day. I am so glad to be out of there!"

SO...WOOHOO...this mom continues to be happy with Joe's progress!!!!!

Have a great day!
Hugs
Laurie

5 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Wow - all good stuff... Glad to hear your son is in a better place & on his own.... I think a lot of good kids to bad stuff becasue of who they are with - not an excuse - but it unfortunately is a reality... (I work a the National istitute on Drug Abuse - I have seen a lot of reports - in full/not just wht you hear on the news - on the subject.

Good luck with the job & those pesky pounds.

Jeanne said...

{{{Laurie}}} Hugs for your new job,and for the good news about Joe's progress.

Cher said...

congrats on the new job-I have to laugh, I have a son whose name is Ryan, so I have to agree, Ryan is a Super nice guy! LOL...glad your Joe found another nice Ryan too!
Your job probably will help with losing those pounds too-what a great day you had.

Laurie Ann said...

My condolences on having to go back to work. I work away from the home too and it seriously hinders my quilting and dog training. However, I wouldn't have money for fabric and show entry fees if I didn't! SIGH. I'll bet your son is going to be just fine. My hubby had the same problems at that age, but he turned into a fine man! :)

Patti said...

Laurie, great news about a new job and your son's progress. No matter how old they get we are always mothers, right? My son is 29 and hates it that I still worry about him. I tell him just wait until you have kids of your own.