Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Happy Birthday Kevin and Angel Sightings!

Happy 19th Birthday Kevin!!! You've brought a lot of joy into mine and dad's lives!!! Have a great day!!!
ANGEL SIGHTINGS!!! Here is a pic of 6 of the angels that I got. Can you say "OVERBOARD EMBELLISHMENTS???? I'm a bit worried about how some of these are going to roll on the longarm. This one is too cute! Love the doll hair on it!
This one...OMG...the angel wings are done in snippets of a mountain dew can and the pieces are STAPLED on...YES...STAPLED!!!!!! I'm going to have to make sure I protect the quilt from being cut.
This one has so much glue on it that the area where the shells are is very stiff...I'm afraid I'm going to lose some of them when it's rolled on the longarm!

Tomorrow I'll attempt to put the blocks together! Pray for me! God has to be watching over me on this one!!! ;o)

I asked Bill and Linda if they knew when they'd give this quilt to Marg and they said not yet. That was to be brainstormed. They did say they wanted me there if at all possible! I said I'd be honored (but I'll feel weird!). Remind me not to speak to strangers in Joann's again! LOL...

I did tell them that this quilt will not be washable. I did NOT tell them that it isn't going to be snuggly either. (sigh)

We're off to eat dinner for DS's bday! He wants to go for KC BBQ! YUMMY!!!

Hugs,
Laurie

10 comments:

Cher said...

do you think some of those blocks came from non-quilters! insert giggle here....good luck in getting that quilted and keeping it intact..I think I would be tempted to hand stitch the angel with shells and the stapled angel onto the quilt, after it's been quilted myself! or even straight stitched on by machine...after it was off the longarm-again, good luck! and hope your birthday celebration with your son is lots of fun.

Mary Johnson said...

How funny - my son Adam is 21 today too. He had to work but we went to visit him yesterday and took him out to dinner along with his girlfriend (we met her for the first time just before dinner). Hard to believe my BABY is 21!

Granny said...

Laurie,

Happy Birthdady Kevin!

The angel blocks are kinda funny --especially with the Mountain Dew can. But, goodness, they were creative!

Good luck with it.

Judy

Vicky said...

Looks like a quilting nightmare, but it's adorable. Good luck with that one!

And happy birthday, Kevin!

Fisher said...

Your angels are so beautiful. I could not help the tears flowing down my cheeks when I saw them. I feel so sad, yet feel that it is a celebration of life as well. Every time I see angel fabric, I think of you. I'm afraid that means I have to buy a yard or two.

Passionate Quilter said...

Laurie--that is too funny. Non-quilters just don't have any clue, but how sweet they gave it their best shot to create a memory for someone. You are very nice in helping these people out. I'm sure you'll do fine with the quilting and they will love it.

Laurie said...

Thanks everyone...I'm digging in! DEEP BREATH INHALING!!! ;o)
Hugs
Laurie

Linda C said...

And Happy Birthday to Kevin!

Looks like you have quite a challenge on your hands, Laurie so hope it does not give you fits!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Oh my, oh my, oh my! What very interesting embellishments!!! If there is ever a next time - send along a package of fabric crayons and markers and then hopefully you will avoid... cut up Mountain Dew cans? Amazing!!!

Good luck with the quilting - I will stay tuned for the continuing saga.

Cheers!

Evelyn

Samantha said...

Oh well, it may be hard to work with, or snuggle under,but it's done with love! I had the same thing happen with a group-baby-quilt project recently... It looks like fun!