Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Yesterday was a sad day for baseball

If you're not a baseball fan you can skip this post. I am a Minnesota gal and Kirby Puckett is synonymous with MN and Major League Baseball. He helped the Twins win 2 World Championships. He had an infectious personality and smile. He was always SMILING...always having FUN...until one day he woke up and couldn't see out of one eye. Glaucoma had taken his eyesight and his ability to play the game he so loved. There's so much more I could say about Kirby but will stop here. Kirby died of a massive stroke at the young age of 45...soon to be 46 next week. He leaves behind a son, daughter, and fiance.

Minnesota lost an icon in the baseball world. Minnesota lost a friend. Minnesota lost a hero. The nation lost an amazing human being.

RIP Hall of Famer Kirby Puckett
#34

4 comments:

Granny said...

It's so sad to lose someone so young (even though I am not a baseball fan). I was thinking that was pretty rotten to have glaucoma at such a young age and then to have the stroke.

Then, today we hear of the death of Dana Reeve .. another young person gone.

Each day is a gift!

Judy L.

Cher said...

oh no! I was a Kirby fan too. how very sad for his family left behind.

Finn said...

Hey Laurie, how about some WI hugs for a MN Twins Kirby Puckett fan??? I'll send you lots! Part of the loss is that he was so young.

He really was one of the great ones! I don't think he will ever be forgotten. (((((HUGS)))), Finn

The Calico Cat said...

Wow - I knew about the glaucoma & the stroke, but I did not knwo that he passed away. (He was one of my favorite players...)