Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I cranked up the Longarm today!

Well, I think my longarm was getting rusty! GOSH...It had been a long time since I had done a quilt on it! It was fun! My sister sent me this quilt...it will be a sample in an LQS in MN. She wanted random circles and I said let me try this spiral! WOW..looks like concentric circles but it was MUCH faster! I am pleased with the outcome!!!!! This is from the Circle Lord...www.loriclesquilting.com Judy loves their Baptist Fan...and I'm thinking this spiral is going to be my new best friend! ;o)





Now I want to get an applique project prepped! I'm getting addicted to this dreaded "A" word! LOL

Hugs
Laurie

11 comments:

Patti said...

Looks great Laurie. I'm like you - my longarm hasn't been touched since before Christmas. I have a friend's quilt that's been half pinned on that long. I need to force myself to get back to it. I really got burned out by the quilt that took 3 months to do and required as much ripping as stitching.

Kairle Oaks said...

The quilt reminds me of the mazes that my daughter likes to draw in when she gets bored in church. LOL!
Kairle

Kay & Michael said...

Laurie,
Glad you are back to having fun
with the Circle Lord. Just ran
across you blog while surfing
blogs. I don't know how you keep writing something everyday. Must be because it is from the heart.
Thanks for the link.
See you in May at MQS.
Cheers,
Michael and Kay

Vicky said...

It looks great, Laurie! And waytago on the "A" addiction!

Mary Johnson said...

I like the spiral quilting. I have a circle maker that I got with my longarm and it's not difficult to use but for some reason I've only used it once. I'm sure the spirals went quicker with fewer starts and stops.

Jan Mac said...

I love the quilt and the quilting enhances it. Great job.

Finn said...

Hi Laurie, I didn't know you did longarm...or if I did I've forgotten.
What a neat idea..that spiral...I know I would love it! Hugs, Finn

The Calico Cat said...

Can I send my quilt that wants spiral quilting?

Cher said...

what fun and it looks awesome Laurie! I have done some free motion spirals using my regular machine-lots of motion in the quilts and fun to do. I like the quilt pattern too.

Samantha said...

that's a great quilt- i really love all those blues!

glad you had fun!

Granny said...

Laurie, how did that happen to you? (Applique!)

The quilt with the spirals looks great. I think that might be the next template I get.

Judy