Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Monday, March 24, 2008

Life in the City...

I have never known life in the country. I was born and raised in Rochester, Mn, home of the Mayo Clinic. I took EXCELLENT health care for granted as a kid, but as an adult I appreciate those roots a LOT more. I went to Catholic schools from 1st-12th grade...another perk that I didn't appreciate until later years in life. I had small class size, religion taught on a daily basis, mass offered to me every day, and a lot of super friendships made there. I also grew up with a man-made, heated lake called Silver Lake. It became a place that Canadien Geese spent the winters instead of migrating south. It was quite the site in the winter and a lot of people went there to feed them.
So you can see why I found this picture HILARIOUS when there were 2 Canadien Geese hanging out in a puddle in a shopping center parking lot! LOL
Laurie

4 comments:

jacquie said...

Amazing how they adapt to city life! I love the honking as they fly over. They were making quite a racket at the farm last week.

Rose said...

LOL This was the first thing on the web to give me a chuckle today....

Barb said...

How neat this must have been for you to see! Who would have thought the geese would be enjoying 'life in the city'--thanks Laurie! H/LY

Mary Johnson said...

How funny, I took some pictures of Canadian geese the other day walking along the river!

Funny but I also went through 12 years of Catholic schools. Are we twins?