Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Monday, March 31, 2008

Rewards for a job well done...

When a 19yo has $7000 in a money market fund, caused very little if any trouble growing up, followed his dream to be a firefighter even though there were bumps in the road, and saved his parents THOUSANDS of $$$$$ in college tuition...a new toy is a small reward for a job well done!

Our youngest just turned 19yo and we gave him a few options for helping him start a life of his own. He is VERY financially responsible as well as just responsible all around. He asked for help with a vehicle...you see, ALL firefighters (well not ALL, but the way he talks you'd THINK it was ALL firefighters) drive a pickup truck. Gotta have a place to put all the "stuff and gear". Strange how for the past 18 months a car was fine! LOL...anyway, we told DS how much we would contribute and anything over that was his responsibility...this new beauty cost him about $4000.
I am SOOOOOOOOOOO excited for him...he drove it home and I asked him how it drove, he turned red and got a cute smile on his face and said "Like a MIRACLE"! I laughed and asked how exactly does a miracle drives? he said, "Like my truck"! LOL He's still a boy...a boy who deserved and earned his new toy!

I love you Dan!!! Stay safe as a firefighter and thank you for rushing into burning buildings when others are rushing out. May God keep you and your co-workers safe

7 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

My nephew just graduated from the fire academy too! He loves it but it's kind of scary when I think about it.

We just helped my son and DIL buy our Marietta house. While I don't feel like kids are *owed* anything, it's nice to be able to help them when they've been such good kids!

jacquie said...

Well deserved! Those boys do love their toys! Good for him.

Saska said...

We've helped our boys with their first vehicle and expenses. Figure they might as well get a little help now and then instead of getting it all when we're gone.

GOod lookin' pickup AND son!

Laurie Quilts said...

Congratulations Dan! Cool Truck!
Mom & Dad get congratulations too for raising such a great son!

Rose said...

Good looking truck! And son...I would be proud of either.

Mar said...

WHOO HOOO!! Congrats Dan!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I love my truck too! Mine is 4X4 with back seat (I like Little Boy to sit in the back - in the middle!). But living where it is often snowy-icy I also have a family car with AWD. Both drive great. It is really nice to have a car you can count on and that you love to drive!!! And yeah, I think MOST firemen do drive trucks - so do fishermen!!! How nice that you were able to help him out!

Cheers!
Evelyn