Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

There's still more!!!

I saw this quilt last year, it was best of show, and saw it again this year because they had a display of all the BOS quilts displayed. It was a neat display. This is by Renae Haddidin. It was a whole cloth and the diamonds forming the circles were done completely in thread using her longarm! The octogon is done with embroidery. I wish I had taken a pic of the back of this one...it was TOTALLY different and she lined it up perfectly...AMAZING piece of work! Here's a link to her website with this quilt...it shows the back! This won best of show in the clothing section...this was amazing to me...I spent a long time looking at this! Notice the decorated tennis shoes! LOL...those are bright buttons!
The applique and color choices are superb on this ensemble!
I loved the weaving look to this one! I wish I had gotten a closer pic of the quilting though.
Batiks...gotta LOVE batiks!
I hope you are enjoying the show!
Hugs
Laurie

7 comments:

ForestJane said...

Thanks for more quilt show! I am a cat lover, so I really appreciate the one of the cat - just stunning. And the one with the boobie border made me giggle. I like the way they're all different sizes and different colors, too. :)

Think it'll end up in a clinic somewhere, on the wall so people can see as they're waiting for their appt? It's great.

The Calico Cat said...

Love the show, thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Some lovely photos - I do so like quilts on black or navy backgrounds - it just makes the colours sing

Hanne said...

More lovely quilts - thanks for sharing :-)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Wow am I glad I hopped over to your blog today! What wonderful pictures from the show! Aren't the back of quilts sometimes almost more amazing than the fronts! I had a great time visiting!

Cher said...

just really enjoying all these photos! those clothes are terrific!

Finn said...

What great quilts you saw!! Just when a person thinks everything has already been done..pow!!
Another great quilt to look at, thanks for snapping the pics Laurie!