Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Great Day on Saturday...

Saturday was date night for DH and I. For my bday, DH signed me up for a "wine of the month" club membership at Wine's by Jennifer. The month of your bday you get a free wine tasting so we headed up to Parkville, MO around 3:00 in the afternoon.

The wines for this week's wine tasting were good for the bbq. We had tastes of 3 whites and 3 reds. We also got a cheese tray and I forgot to get a picture of that. They were delicious though...a black pepper cheddar, a horseradish cheddar, and a garlic cheddar. MMMMMmmmm...

Here's dh sniffing the wine...first analyze the color, then smell to discern the various aromas in the wine, and then swirl...finally, TASTE!!!

It was a gorgeous day by then (the clouds/rain had left us) so we chose to have a glass of wine and sit out on one of many decks at "Wines by Jennifer".

Next we went down the street to "The Power Plant". A little dinner was in order...we sat outside on the rooftop there and enjoyed a wonderful meal.

I had marinated chicken wrap with a side salad...YUMMY!!!


We headed toward home and chose to stop at Old Chicago.

A little beer and trivia were in order!

We also watched the Celtics beat the Pistons...WOOHOO!!! This is Kevin Garnett with Bill Russell...a legend of the past and a legend in the making!

Last but not least...our friendly bartender, Grant! Thanks for taking such great care of us Grant!

We finally made it home around 10:00! It was a PERFECT date! Love you hon!!!

3 comments:

Barb said...

Oh what fun! Laurie may I say you look amazing -- CONGRATS -- on the obvious NEW LOOK -- PROUD OF YOU --and I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!! I do believe your Saturday was a GREAT DAY!

KnittySue said...

What a great way to spend the day...and you do look amazing. What is your secrete? That is a very lovely picture of you.

Mary Johnson said...

That's a great birthday present and sounds like a wonderful day. I think I will pour myself a glass of wine and sip it while I wait for Keith to get home later tonight!