Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Thursday, May 15, 2008

MQS quilt show...OR...

QUILTS I LOVE BUT WILL NEVER EVER MAKE!!!! LOL I spent a few hours at MQS here in Overland Park. As always there were some stunning quilts. I bought a template from Circle Lord, some thread from Superior Thread, and clamps for the longarm from The Calico Kitten.

Then I enjoyed looking at phenemonal quilts and quilting! Here are the ones that I said "I LOVED but would NEVER EVER MAKE"!!! LOL


This was one of 2 "Best of Show" quilts. It has a TON of TINY pieces...I would NEVER have the patience to do it but it was stunning to look at! (click on all images for more details)

Here's a closeup of the quilt and ribbon.


Here is the 2nd "Best of Show" quilt. This quilt is STUNNING!!! It is by Renae Hadadin. I am not sure if you can see the different colored "cables" running through this or not. It is STUNNING!!!

Closeup of the quilt...look at the quilting details...WOW!!!!!

sorry it's blurry but this is the center...it is done usign metallic thread.

a close up of one corner...maybe you can see the colors on the "trapunto cording" that i talked about

this picture just "kills" me...WOW...this is the back of Renae's quilt!

a close up of the backing...the HOURS and HOURS and HOURS put into the quilting is incredible!

I just LOVE the colors in this one!!!

this quilt made me giggle! The old bike that is once again "NEW"!!!!

Well, that's the end of today's quilt show. Look for more another day!!!

2 comments:

Barb said...

LOL well for sure IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO MAKE THEM -- I won't be doing them anytime soon! Thanks for the trip thru the MQS quilt show, very neat! Great quilt pics that you are showing us -- the bike quilt is too funny, the things that make us go hmmmmm! H/LY

Rose said...

WOW!!!!! Those are amazing quilts...thank you for sharing.