Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day and my Birthday

Grab a cup of coffee...this one is long! LOL

Friday was my birthday, the 19th anniversary of my 29th birthday to be exact! *You do the math!!!* LOL My youngest had to work on Friday and also on Sunday so we chose to celebrate the bday and mother's day on Saturday! YEP...my dd was going to make fajitas and my oldest DS was going to make guacamole and margaritas! YUMMY!!!!

Here is DD prepping for the fajitas!! Don't you just love her apron?

And here's DS making guacamole! It turned out incredibly FANTASTIC!!!


Someone was waiting for SOMETHING...ANYTHING to drop on the floor! LOL



Aren't these ingredients looking fantastic?



You can tell by this picture that the ingredients pleased me! LOL



I FINALLY got to open gifts! YIPPEEEEE!!!! This bag was HUGE but where oh where was the present???? AHA...a card labeled "WOW"...oh wait, it says "MOM"!!! LOL It was a donation to Susan G Koemen Foundation in my honor from DD! What a COOL gift idea!!!


Here is a picture of the goods! Roses, yankee candles, a movie, a certificate for a bike, gift certificate to Big Horn Quilts, the SGK donation, and a CD...all in all a great day!!!


The only bummer was the phone I got from my youngest DS. He ignored 3 pages from the fire station yesterday. They were in need of someone to work at 3PM until 8AM this morning. He ignored the pages because of the celebration we had planned. He couldn't ignore a personal page from Captain Larrison though so Dan called me and asked if I would mind if he went into work. It seems no one had responded to the pages and they were in a rough spot. Dan is only part time and wants to be hired on full time when a spot opens up. Of course I told him to go...it is his passion and I would miss him. He called later and said he was sorry to be missing things and he was called in because a firefighter was called to the hospital cuz his 4 month old son was sick. I told DS he was where he belonged! Later Dan called me and asked if I would mind if the wall hanging that I made for the station could be given to the baby, it seems the little guy is in ICU with meningitis. OH DEAR...of course the wallhanging can be given to the little guy. I can make another wallhanging and I said I would say some prayers that all is OK.

...the evening ended with a game of cards and the traditional birthday hugs!!


THANKS TO MY AWESOME FAMILY FOR AN AWESOME DAY!!!!!!!!
NOW...I can't let Mother's Day slip by without honoring my mom! My Mom has been gone for almost 16 years and I still miss her a TON! She was a classy woman with high values and morals. She taught me to love life and treat people with respect! She was my best friend!!! I LOVE YOU MOM!!!! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!

I also have to mention my MIL! She's a great lady as well! I am blessed with having married into a FABULOUS family that I love and they love me! My in-laws gave me one of the best gifts in my life...my DH!!! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MIL!!!!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL MOM'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Barb said...

Laurie this is an incredible entry -- what an amazing day you had! Not at all surprised that Dan responded to the call from the fire company, even though it was with torn/emotional feelings! Prayers from PA for that little guy in the hospital, the quilt is such a special touch! Happy Mother's Day to you! H/LY

vonnie said...

Belated Happy B-day to you and prayers from me, too, for the little guy that is so ill....

KnittySue said...

What a day you had, I'll pray for the little one who's sick.
Take care and Happy Birthday!