Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Monday, May 05, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY!!!

Today is the love of my life's 53rd birthday! Steve was such a surprise in my life. 26+ years ago I would have NEVER believed to be married to him. Let me explain...


WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back when I moved to a new middle school, I became best friends with Donna (dh's sister). Over the course of the years we played in the band together, went to the mall shopping, we went to movies, and all the stuff girlfriends do together!! When we were juniors in HS Donna wanted to ask Dave (a senior) to the "turnabout dance"...the one where girls ask the guy to the dance! She did NOT have the nerve to do it so one day I grabbed the pay phone in school and dialed Dave's home phone number cuz we knew he was home. I asked for him and handed the phone to Donna...who I might add was PETRIFIED! LOLOLOL...well, she asked him to the dance and from there a seed of love was planted! Donna and Dave got married on June 19th, 1981 and have been married ever since. (their son's wedding is in the previous post)


At Donna and Dave's wedding, it was almost midnight and the dance was almost over. I was sitting at a table with a friend when Steve started walking towards us. Mary (my friend) said he's gonna ask you to dance. I said, nope, he's gonna ask YOU to dance. She said I ain't dancing with him. I said I ain't dancing with him! Well, Steve asked me to dance and how could I say no? That would be rude! SO...I danced with him! And as I tell the story, we've been dancing ever since!


Steve and I hit it off so well...we talked for hours and knew our values, morals, and faith were the same. We were married a year later and I am thankful that God put Steve in my life.


Happy Birthday Hon!!! I hope you have a super day!!! You deserve it!!!

3 comments:

Laurie Quilts said...

Happy Birthday Steve!
the wedding pictures are great too! looks like you had lots of fun!

KnittySue said...

Happy Birthday Steve...and many more. That is such a nice picture of you two.
Love looking at your quilts Laurie.
Catch ya later.

Barb said...

Happy Birthday Steve! You have the best of the best with Laurie, she is a keeper!! H/LY