Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Sunday, May 11, 2008

PRAYERS NEEDED...

EDITED MONDAY MORNING: Dan just got home from the fire station and the outlook for the little guy is grim. Another fireman talked to Craig (the firefighter dad of the little guy) and it is pretty grim. They don't expect the little guy to live and if he does he will be severely brain damaged. *sigh* prayers that God wraps his arms around this littly guy and his family.

If you read my blog from today's "Mother's Day" post you know about the fireman's little 4 month old son who is in ICU with meningitis. IT IS NOT GOOD...Dan called me tonight and said that the little guy is probably not going to make it. This makes me so very sad...it is the couple's 3rd child and it certainly isn't news anyone wants to hear...much less a mother on Mother's Day. Please keep this family in your prayers as this will likely be rough times. I hope that the little guy is covered with the firefighting quilt. I will have to make sure that the wallhanging that I make for this station is VERY different from the others...I don't want it to bring back bad/sad memories for this fireman.

3 comments:

Rose said...

I cannot imagine losing a child. I think it would be the worst feeling ever...maybe God will work a miracle for this little guy. They do happen--my brother had a brain tumor and was given 1-1 1/2 yrs to live and that has been about 4 yrs ago and he is still going strong.

Barb said...

Prayers are happening Laurie ~ you know you can count on them from PA! And Rose is right, miracles happen, God is in control. When it comes to a child we want to say "NO LORD not my child", but he is in control, we need to trust! Tough to do in reality, ALL of us just need to pray, that is all that we have at this point! H/LY

jacquie said...

Oh no. My thoughts are prayers are with that family.