Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Shopping!!!!!!!!!!!

I am still in MN. It has warmed up and this is a GOOOOOOOOOOOD thing! LOL...on Friday I spent the day with my sister. My all time favorite quilt store here in MN is going out of business. The owner is retiring and Friday was the day everything went on sale at 50% off!!! Who could say NO to that!!! The second row from the top and the pink and 2 yellow batiks and the black stripe and coordinating floral, AND the bright multi-color floral and "pickup stix" coordinate are from that store!! OH...and the wide backing (black with bright swirls on it) is also from there! WOOHOO!!!!! My sister and I were shocked to see that about half of her fabrics were still there!!! (Mary, did you get over there on Saturday...if so, did you find anything?!!!)
The rest of the fabrics are from 2 other stores we visited. Who can go to just ONE quilt store? LOL
Yesterday Steve and I went to watch our nephews play basketball. That was a lot of fun. Afterward, we stopped at a condo place by the Mall of America. We went back to the apartment and I finished a binding. Then back for more bball and a visit with the BIL's fam at their house! All in all it was a great day.
Today might bring a movie and some condo open houses and football. Nothing too stressful!

3 comments:

Rose said...

Can I come pet the fabric!!! Lucky you to get to go to quilt stores...it is has been a while since I have been.

Barb said...

Have fun Laurie...love your fabrics, and 50% off you can't beat that! Have a safe trip back to KS! H/LY

Mary Johnson said...

It felt like a spring day today didn't it? We went out for a walk across the river and at 23 degrees we were peeling layers OFF but I did enjoy the snow.

I didn't go to the quilt shop on Saturday - I want to go....but I'm torn. I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to resist going over there before she closes for good.