Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Friday, January 09, 2009

Today is day 5...

When the clock strikes midnight tonight I will have NOT eaten out for 5 days straight!!!!! I'm amazed how easy it's been and how much BETTER I feel!!! I am in control of how my food is prepared and what is going in my mouth. I also haven't had a beer or glass of wine either. I'm sleeping better and have more energy. It's SOOOO worth it!!!

There has been a lot of stress in our lives around here the past 6-8 months or so and I gradually got out of control with my eating habits. My portion sizes eventually got larger, fried foods started showing up in my meals, fruits and veggies were fairly nonexistent, and my exercise regimen slowed down. Over the holidays I grasped that I was out of control and needed to regain it. I have done that!!!

If you are struggling with stress try to take a 15 min walk every day. It will clear your head, raise your metabolism, and lower the stress. If you want to lose a few pounds...consider cutting sugar (if that's a downfall for you), the alcohol, the fried foods, or just adjust your portion size. Every little bit will help. I guarantee you that you will feel MUCH better and it will get easier every meal, day, week, month!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Ahhhhhhhh my Laurie is back! You sound so much better about things, I am glad! YOU CAN DO IT ~ YOU ARE DOING IT ~ KEEP ON GOING!! H/LY

Laurie Quilts said...

WooHoo! I knew you could do it! And am happy your feeling so much better too. It's amazing what the foods we eat does to our bodies. I ate a few too many cookies new years eve & had the worst sugar headache ever. I won't do that again! Keep up the great work!