Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Monday, January 05, 2009

Angry at myself...

I am not a person who makes new year's resolutions because they NEVER work out like I think it should. SO...that being said, this is NOT a NY resolution. It is a goal that I WILL accomplish because it never should've happened.

You might remember this post last January. I had reached my goal and was so happy and felt so healthy and comfortable in my own skin. I have always gained/lost/gained/lost etc etc etc. Things were sailing along wonderfully until early September or so. That's when DH decided to take a job back in MN (I was somewhat excited to be going back home but very sad to leave kids/friends here), our college son was hospitalized for a skin infection, there was a lot of travel for soccer games, and DH moved out...just a little bit of stress and when I'm stressed and lonely I turn to FOOD!!! I have an addiction to food/beer/wine when I am stressed and/or lonely. You probably have guessed it...I have gained some weight back. 16 of the 30 pounds I had lost to be exact. I am ANGRY at myself for this.

SO...today was my day to pull the reins in and gain control again. DH is back in Minneapolis and we won't see each other for about 9 days or so. I need to be in control before heading north and I WILL be in control! So far today has been wonderful! I've exercised and eaten well. I decided I needed to plan for the next 10 days so I went to my cookbook cupboard and thought I had 3-4 low cal/low fat cookbooks.

WHOOPS......look what I found!!! Not one, not 2, not 3 or 4 or 5...but TEN healthy cookbooks. LAURIE should NEVER have slipped into this weight trap but she did. It certainly wasn't due to a lack of healthy cookbooks!

I'm on my way again...thankfully I am getting a grip on this issue BEFORE it turns into 30, 40, or 50 pounds or more.

Have you BTDT? Do you want to join me to gain control of your eating and healthy? Hop on board!!! Together we can do it!!!

PS...I found ONE more cookbook that didn't make the photoshoot! SHEESH!!!

3 comments:

Laurie Quilts said...

I don't need to loose any...just maintain. (just as challenging at times) But you know that I'm on your team! YOU CAN DO THIS! I sent you an email with my favorite snacks/foods, did you get it...I hope it helps.
I'm rooting for ya! Start a new quilt.....stay outa the kitchen ;)
GO TSB GO!

Barb said...

LAURIE ~ YOU CAN DO IT, YES YOU CAN!! Stress is an enemy and it can make us do things we don't even realize we are doing. I like TSBs suggestion, START A NEW QUILT, great idea! I love your quilts, and doing one now could be the goal you need...call it your "Quilt with a Goal", make it bright, very bright because you have a *bright and healthy* goal!! H/LY

Rose said...

I had wondered how you did it before...I did remember that post you mentioned. Stress seems to do this to some of us.

Seems like around here it has been one thing after another...I would just love to have a little time where there was no stress and my husband and I have some time to get into a more healthy routine.

With 9 days, you can do it. You have done proved it before...and you can recall how good it felt to be the weight you wanted. So, stick to your goals, and share with us. I will definitely try to check in on you.