Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Saturday, December 01, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Decorating has begun!!! I am not sure what caused my desire to decorate yesterday, but it was there in full force!!! It was a dreary, warm, rainy day and Christmas was in the forefront of my mind!

I dragged up all the stuff from the basement that I wanted to use for this year. Here is a picture of the mantle. Doesn't it look cute?

This is a picture of my nativity scene from Jim Shore. I just LOVE this and leave it out all year!

Can you see that I just LOVE LOVE LOVE snowmen???!!! Yep, I do!!! Here is part of my collection!

I made this wallhanging a few years ago. It's subtle but I just love it!

These are a couple of quilts...one is Christmas and the other is snowmen!!!

This quilt on the dining room table is from a mystery class in MN. I was THRILLED with how this one turned out. If you click on the pic you can see 2 items that my son Dan made when he was about 10 or 11 years ago. I treasure these!

This is my first quilt EVER! It just makes me giggle every year when I bring it out. I look at it and see how far I have come and yet it reminds me of my quilting roots!!! Also, the nativity scene was my mom's and I treasure it. The stable it is in was made by Steve's uncle who passed away years ago. The ceramic book was something I made about 20 years ago when I took a ceramics class. Definitely treasures all of them!

This is my little "live" tree! I struggled to put this bugger up but FINALLY got it done! WOOHOO!!!

I have collected Dept. 56 the Original Snow Village for years. I have not put them out since moving here 6 years ago though. I put a few of them out this year and it made me happy to do so.

Lastly, I have wanted to post this pic for a few days but blogger was NOT cooperating with me. This is another apron for a friend of mine. I like how it turned out!


The tree is up now and I am just waiting for my youngest to finish his "safety nap" (he's the fireman) and he will help me put the lights up and then the ornaments!

There are more decorations but I didn't want to bore you! I am now in the CHRISTMAS MOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs
Laurie

11 comments:

Angie said...

First, I want to congratulate you on your 9-year anniversary! You go, girl!! Your Christmas decorations are just beautiful---makes me want to go to the basement and start dragging my things up. :> Guess I better, huh, if I don't want to wake up and it be Jan. 8th or something! ROFL

Barb said...

Fun blog read today Laurie! Our town is having the annual Christmas *house tours* today...and now you have added yours to the touring for me ~ thanks ;o), very neat decorations you have shared with us! I love having the memories when I pull out the decorations at my house too!! Have a great day! H/LY Barb

Crooked Eyebrow said...

So lovely!
Merry Christmas

Hootin Anni said...

love it all, especially the wall hanging.

My holiday slide show tour is THIS WAY

Unknown said...

very nice, thanks for sharing!

ellen b. said...

I enjoyed your tour. Blessings on you and yours...

Sunny said...

Everything is so beautiful! I really love all the quilts!!

Southern Heart said...

Everything looks so pretty! I especially love your mantel and village!

Merry Christmas,

Andrea

Gretchen said...

I'm a quilter and lover of all that is fabric, too. :) I especially love the quilt upon your dining table and you just gave me a great idea about leaving out my Jim Shore Nativity all year. Why not? Blessings and Merry Christmas.

Lauren said...

Your house is so cute! Quilting is on my list of things to learn one of these days. I wish I could come over to your house so you could teach me!

Anonymous said...

I love your quilts, too. Thanks for having me over - Merry Christmas!