Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Sunday, December 09, 2007

What fun I had yesterday with my son Kevin! We are both HUGE Kevin Garnett fans and when the MN Timberwolves traded him to the Boston Celtics we were THRILLED!!! Don't get me wrong...those of you who know me know that MN is HOME. BUT, Garnett is SO awesome and the T'wolves stink so we wanted Garnett to have a shot at winning an NBA title! Anywho, when we saw that the Celtics were going to be in Chicago, and Kev goes to school there, well we were all over it! LOL Here's a pic of us with the scoreboard/court behind us.

This pic was while we wandered around the United Center cuz we were so early. These guys get paid to look ridiculous and then they dance during a time out! LOL...that is the one guy's belly that is painted!

It was a special night for fundraising and so there was live music. All I wanted was a pic of Kevin with the musicians in the background but the professional dancers saw me and the gal started to dance with Kev. I thought Kev was gonna die! LOL

This is a picture of the trees south of Des Moines, IA. I was worried about the freezing rain that was predicted for Saturday and was afraid I wouldn't be able to make it to Chicago for the game. It turned out the weather was FINE...dry roads most of the way. BUT, overnight there was freezing rain in Chicago. It took me about 10 mins to scrape the windows off. (the giveaway at the Bulls game the night before was an ice scraper! LOL...pretty wise of them huh?!!) I hit the road and was fine except for wet roads. Not bad, not bad...UNTIL I hit Missouri! UGH...lots of freezing rain patches, but they didn't last too long until I hit Bethany, MO. Then I had about 30 mins where the ice was building up on the windshield. Once I got thru that, it was smooth sailing. I was only delayed about 20 mins but it is just NOT fun driving! The trees in Iowa were gorgeous though! ;o)

I am so thankful for special one-on-one time with my kids! They are memories that I will have forever!
Hugs
Laurie

No comments: