Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Back from Cancun

Well...if you read my previous post you know that it was iffy as to whether or not DH and I were going to get out of KC. Our flight was at 6am and we WOULD HAVE gotten out IF our plane hadn't had mechanical issues. It just gave the *S*N*O*W* all the time in the world to build up and become slush. The KC airport was closed for the longest time in its history...about 6 hours. We were rescheduled to Monday with the same itinerary so we got a hotel by the airport and stayed there instead of having one of our boys come pick us up in the nasty weather. Plus we got to sleep a bit longer. SO...here is a pic of our first night of vacation at the Marriott KC Airport! LOLThen 24 hours later...the view from our room in Cancun...too gorgeous for words. We slept every night with the sliding glass door open and listening to the waves crashing in the ocean! We had dinner one night at a place across the street from us called "El Shrimp Bucket". This was our kind of restaurant...great food, great prices and SUPERB service! We just love a place where the servers/staff love to have fun with their guests and this place was so amazing that we went back a second night! This is Jordie (asst mgr) and myself being silly!Seriously...how can a place with a sign like this, above a tap that you can walk up to and fill your beer, NOT be heaven??!!! LOL Anyone who knows me knows how I LOVE my beer!!! In moderation of course!!! :oDThis was a picture of our server, Hernon (sp?) and I. He was just so fun! He has 2 little kids that are just adorable and was a lot of fun!One night we went on a dinner sunset cruise and there was dancing! One of the servers got me on the dance floor! It was a lot of fun...bad food but a lot of fun!!!One afternoon we went parasailing and that was amazing! Not long enough, but amazing!!!And this is what happens when housekeeping has too much time on their hands! LOL...I couldn't find the bathmat...how cute is this?
This is a picture of pizza delivery...Pizza anyone? LOL
And finally, the quilter in me had to take a picture of the stained glass window behind the hotel lobby bar...I kept staring at it and this conversation happened between dh and myself:

him: sure is pretty isn't it?
me: sure is
him: why are you staring at it so much?
me: cuz I'm trying to figure out how to make it into a quilt! DUH (LOL)
him: but the colors would be hard to find in fabrics (one fabric was wood grain looking)
me: heck no...
him: but that brown color would be hard to find wouldn't it?
me: heck no...
him: really? (shocked)
me: really...lots of fabrics are made to look like nature and landscaping stuff
him: really? (shocked)
me: really! (does this guy NOT get it? LOL)
him: ok, I believe ya
me: that took long enough...I'll just take a picture! The weather in Cancun was low 80's every day and sunny...we came back to snow and low 30's. It's FREEZING here! The wind chill is brutal too! I guess I got spoiled! We had a super time and were able to extend our lost day on the front end to the back end!

Hugs,
Laurie

8 comments:

Laurie Quilts said...

Welcome home! Looks like you two had a wonderful trip! Thanks for sharing the great pictures.... ;)

Mary Johnson said...

Looks like lots of fun once you got going. Welcome back.

country mouse said...

Glad you were able to make it to Cancun, and had such a great time. Looks like you had tons of fun. Thanks for sharing all the great pictures too :cD

jacquie said...

Thanks so much for sharing about your trip...and of course you found inspiration for a quilt! Hopefully some of that warmth will be in KC soon!

Barb said...

WELCOME HOME!! What a wonderful blog entry about your trip, sounds like it was relaxing and GREAT FUN!! Your dialogue about the colors in the window was a great read, and I expect we will see a quilt to look like that window! H/LY

Shelina said...

Laurie, There is only one way to prove to your DH that they do indeed sell that kind of fabric, and that is to buy one of all of it!

Sounds like a great time in Cancun. I've been parasailing too - nobody would believe me though!

KnittySue said...

So glad you had a great time and provided pictures. Great to have you back.

Rose said...

Glad you are back--and glad you had a good time.

BTW, my new iron is a Black and Decker Digital--D2030. It is supposed to wait 10 minutes before it turns off. I haven't set it down long enough to see if it does when using it. But, even if it does, you would not believe how fast it heats up. I just hope it holds true to the way it is now. I really do not understand how it heats so fast...