Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Saturday, February 02, 2008

I've been Good and Bad...

First for the BAD STUFF!!! A few days ago I was perusing through Big Horn Quilts and found this focus fabric! DROOL! DROOL! DROOL!!! I resisted but then today I met Becky at a LQS and look at what LEAPED into my arms...but this wonderful fabric selection! HONESTLY...I SWEAR it LEAPED into my arms...ask Becky!!! I bought 3 yards of the focus and a yard of the others! So much for stash busting! LOL
But when I got home I pinned the 4 fire station wallhangings onto the longarm and went to work. I risked doing it this way (first photo) because I didn't want to load this little guys on one at a time. It worked out very well. I'll post pics later when the bindings are done...that's a project during the Super Bowl tomorrow.


Then I had to make the postcard to reflect the wallhanging project. here is the front... and here is the back!
SO...I bought 5 yards of fabric today, but the 3 wallhangings used up 6.5 yards so I guess I still BUSTED SOME stash! LOL

It was great to meet you Becky and thanks for the pattern! ;o) Your daughter is adorable as well!!!


3 comments:

Barb said...

Hey Laurie....too funny guess who else has the multi-stripe fabric that you show in your fabrics for today? Great fabrics, love the combination...you have the gift of selecting perfect combos!! Some fabrics just have that "jumping ability" and whats a quilter to do (?), but catch and buy LOL!! H/LY

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Those fabrics are lovely!!! I just know that you will put them to good use and make something beautiful!!!

Cheers!

Evelyn

KnittySue said...

HI Laurie,OHHH I love the colors on that quilt on the longarm. And the new stuff is lovely. Thanks for reminding me of Big Horns I've got to scoot over there and look for some DWQ fabrics...can't find much locally.
Have a great one..........