Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Memories...

I bought my DH a book called "Cellaring Your Wine" for Christmas. We have totally gotten into drinking great wines since we moved here. The book he is reading told him how to build a great wine cellar for very little cash. DH decided that our puter/storage room was the perfect place! LOL...well, last week he started cleaning out this room. I warned him that it was full of stuff that our oldest 2 (who didn't move from MN to KS with us) had packed and sent to KS with the movers.

Sure enough...DH found clothes (they don't fit either kid due to weight gain), crafty things from school, posters, hand made signs from friends when they were soccer players, report cards, school pics, and LOTS more! OH, he even found some FOOD in those boxes! LOL and EWWW


SO...our storage room is now empty but our rec room is now STUFFED to the gills with the "STUFF"! (sigh)


One thing though was a box of my things from being a kid. This quilt was my "blankie" while growing up. I have no clue if it was a store bought gift or if my grandma made it for me. It is WORN and smells musty. I soaked it last night and it's a little better. There is a hole in the center and the outsides are totally frayed. But it is MINE!!! And it brought back a lot of memories! I was thrilled to find this!
I'm not sure what to do with it. I am thinking of having it framed but am not sure that that is the right decision. Any ideas??

Gosh...I feel little again!!!

Hugs,
Laurie

5 comments:

Rose said...

No ideas about your quilt; is it supposed to enlarge when clicked? It won't enlarge for me, but sure wish I could see a bigger picture.

Anonymous said...

Framed or shadow box. It might be fun with a picture of you holding the quilt as a kid.

Garnered Stitches said...

Hello, from a fellow Citizen, It's nice to get surprises from tidying up isn't it. All the more special if it brings back lovely memories of childhood.

jacquie said...

Such a treasure for you. I think I would frame it if it's not too big. If it is, I like the shadow box idea too. Have a great day!

Barb said...

OMG Laurie what a treasure, you have loved your quilt almost to pieces! We have the child's size quilt that was made for DH's first birthday, and it too has the worn edges! I have that quilt sometimes draped on by stair railing or sometimes folded in a basket arrangement! BUT NO MATTER what you decide IT IS A TREASURE to CHERISH! H/LY