Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Friday, February 08, 2008

FuN in California

Hi! I am in California visiting my TSB (twin separated at birth) LOL. We are having so much fun! BUT...it's NOT good for my stash reduction program! LOL

BOY OH BOY are we having FUN!!! Yesterday we went to 2 quilt stores. We did some MAJOR damage at the first store, Queen B Quilt Store (or something like that), but we really hit the JACKPOT at our second stop, The Cotton Patch! TSB asked if I wanted to go, she was thinking not, and I said YES! WELL, we get there and are looking at fabrics when 2 employees ask us to move so they can get thru with a flatbed cart FULL of bolts of fabric. We asked what the deal was with those and they said they are $1/yard! WHAT??? Did we hear CORRECTLY???? ONE DOLLAR A YARD?????????!!!!!!!!!

YEP...since it was the Chinese New Year and if you spent $10 on a coupon book there was a coupon in there for all the clearance fabs @ $1/yard! HOLY COW...there were probably 200 bolts of fabrics to choose from. We went crazy!!! I had told TSB that her fabric stash looked pretty pathetic. She showed me some and I asked where the rest of it was...there was no more! Anywho...when it was all said and done, TSB checked out and had purchased 28 yards of fabric. I was still having mine cut and while at the register I said to TSB that at $1/yd I was going to go back and look for backing fabrics. TSB agreed and the gal at the register said she would NOT check me out then because once you used your coupone you were DONE!!! The gal said that TSB would have to put it on my order if she bought more. FINE BY ME!!! When we were done we figured out that we bought 90+ yards of fabric! We have pictures but I am not sure how to get them on here. I will see if I can get them on my blog. OH YEAH...the gal forgot to charge me for my coupon book so TSB got a 2 for 1 deal!!

Here TSB and I are with our $1/yard fabs! WOW we did great...HIGH FIVE!!!
A nicer shot of us with the "stolen fabric"!!! LOL
And here is TSB's dd with ALLLLLL of our fabrics purchased yesterday!!!
Today we have some errands to do, then meeting up with Marlene (we met Marlene at Alex Anderson's retreat in 2003) for lunch and then we are FINALLY going to SEW!!! I hope everyone has a great day. I head home tomorrow! I think I'll ship my dirty clothes home and take my fabric in my suitcase! YEP...that sounds like a plan! ;oD

Here's a pic from Alex's Retreat wtih TSB and myself. She's lost a lot of weight as well...don't we look MUCH better???
PS(my name is laurie and I am a fabriholic and it's OK! no one in their right mind would turn down a DEAL like THAT!!!)

6 comments:

country mouse said...

WOW!! What a great deal. 1$ a yard? Who could pass that up... I would have taken advantage of that deal too! :cD Don't feel too bad about buying all that fabric. I'm sure all that fabric will be well cared for and made into beautiful quilts so I'm sure its as happy as you two are ;) Have a safe trip home.

Barb said...

WOW I am proud of you and TSB...how great that you happened into that LQS at the right time! The fabrics look wonderful, and oh so anxious here to see the quilts that result from this wonderful find!

Happy travels on your trip home, and stay safe....funny thought on mailing the dirty clothes home and packing your fabrics, probably less weight that way! H/LY

Rose said...

I see some really beautiful fabrics in your purchases....some I would die for! How blessed you were to walk in that store at the right time.

Laurie Quilts said...

Love those fabrics! Unbelieveable!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Well, you must have a pretty BIG suitcase, LOL!!! I am sure you are going to make some beautiful quilts with that fabric!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Mar said...

LOL, I'm reading this and have a huge smile on face! you two are so cute together! It was so good to see you!