Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Friday, February 29, 2008

Just plain happy!

Ya know...today has just been a SUPER day! I went to coffe with a girlfriend and we gabbed for almsot 2 hours! Then I went to weigh in and found out I stayed the same...I was ECSTATIC for that since we just arrived home from Cancun on Tuesday! :oD

I am also excited cuz I am home alone! WOOHOO!!! DH and the oldest ds are in StL for a concert. And my other son who lives here is working!

I also spent over an hour talking to my dad on the phone. That is a miracle in itself! It is the first and only time I can remember talking to my dad that long on the phone. My mom and I could do that every day! But since mom died in May of 1992 that hasn't happened for years. I missed those chats with mom, but tonight I had tears in my eyes after my chat with dad. My heart was so full after that!

I love my dh and my ds but being alone is great too! I am looking forward to going to sleep with a DVD in my new player and being alone. I also look forward to Dh coming home tomorrow and wrapping his arms around me and telling me he missed me and loves me!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!

3 comments:

Barb said...

Laurie this is just a VERY POSITIVE blog entry...very neat to read and feel good about! H/LY

Rose said...

Sounds like you had a super day...I think almost all women need a little bit of alone time. I have yet to meet one that doesn't...though I am sure they do exist.

Mary Johnson said...

I've always loved being home alone - even now when I have plenty of time to myself.

My Dad was never one for talking on the phone either. For years he never even answered phone (with 6 kids he didn't need to) but once he started to...he'd say "hi" and "here's your mother". My Mom is the one who's left and I try to spend as much time as I can with her but it's hard when you live away. I just planned a quick trip for a long weekend for mid March.