Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Progress made...

I have been doing a little bit of applique at night while watching TV. I bought the line from Moda called Poetry and it was 41 nickel pieces. What better to do than practice a heart applique quilt! I have all of the red backgrounds done (it's really a deep burgundy with TOT flowers on it) and 4 of the 20 creamy yellow background ones done! It is fun!!! I am planning on alternating the blocks for a pretty lap quilt! I thought about sashing it and trying to make it fit our King bed but that isn't going to happen so I will just enjoy the lap size instead! Isn't it going to be pretty?
Hugs
Laurie



6 comments:

Patti said...

Very pretty! I just love the Moda charm packs - so very usealbe.

Rose said...

Really, really NICE!

KnittySue said...

That is really pretty, I did some of those awhile back..I found it relaxing but for a king bed ..not. You'll love the lap size.
Have a fun day...........

Shelina said...

It is really pretty - I like how you alternate the blocks.

Barb said...

They look pretty Laurie....I am sure it is relaxing for you, especially after the big push with your *stash* quilts for the fire house!! What method did you use for the hearts (?), your turned edges are very smooth! H/LY

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Our lap quilts are well used around here - Little Boy especially likes flannel backed ones! He would love this quilt, because "hearts mean love and I love you Momma!". You should be able to have this finished just in time for Valentine's Day - how fun!

Cheers!

Evelyn