Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Wallhangings for the Fire Stations

Well, I spent about 6 hours in my sewing room today and had a BLAST!!!!! When my son took his fire quilt into the station one time (I made it for his graduation from firefighting academy) the firefighters asked Dan if I could make something for their walls cuz they were pretty bare! Of COURSE I said YES!!!!!
div>
I have 2 tops finished and just have to add the last borders on the other 2.

They are similiar but with different borders on them. I hope they like them!!! Here is the first one:


And here is the second one!

I am tired but it's a GOOD tired! Maybe I'll applique a couple of my hearts...I only have 8 more to go on that project! WOOHOO!!!
Hugs
Laurie

2 comments:

Shelina said...

Wow you are making four of them! Those are great quilts - I think I've seen some flame quilting somewhere.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

PERFECT wall hangings for the fire station!!! Guys like nice things too! They are going to love these! I wonder if they know how to hang quilts? I have been thinking of putting small gromets in the corners of some of my smaller stuff - to hang with thumb tacks without pushing pins through the fabric... I have a little gromet device I got at Joanne's with a 50% off coupon - my sister puts gromets on her boys pants pockets so the sand/dirt runs out when they put rocks in their pockets!

Cheers!

Evelyn