Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Reflections on 2007...better late than never

Well, here goes nothing...As far as quilting goes (click on the link to take you to a pic of the item talked about):
1. finished the house quilt
2. made a purse
3. made a quilt top still needs backing/quilting/binding
4. made a scrappy quilt for dh's executive asst. at his former job cuz she was AWESOME!!!
5. tshirt quilt done for DS's high school graduation
6. my sisters and I made a quilt for DS's apartment
7. made my DD's boyfriend a superman quilt for his bday
8. made the fireman quilt for my son's graduation from the firefighting academy
9. made another fireman quilt that my son said to KEEP! LOL still needs to a backing/quilting/binding
10. finished an OLD quilt top for the cleaning gal and another one that I didn't show cuz although the quilt turned out great, it was meant for a project that turned sour
11. started making quilted postcards to catalog my quilts
12. made a flipflop quilt for a friend to give to her SIL for Christmas
13. did a monthly mystery quilt by mail from one of my favorite MN quilt shops. It still needs backing/quilting/binding
14. tried my pineapple ruler and made, well ALMOST made a Christmas quilt out of Holly Jolly fabric. Still needs to be finished/backed/quilted and bound
15. finished my cardinal quilt
16. made superman pillowcases for my DD's boyfriend for Christmas
17. finished my snowman quilt that the top was made in 2005
18. made aprons for my girlfriends (THE BEST FRIENDS EVER) for Christmas gifts and also one for DH's new executive asst. for Christmas but I don't have a pic of it
19. quilted the southwestern quilt from our trip to Sedona but it needs binding yet

I guess that's it on the sewing front. I was in a funk for quite some time this year but I have the FEVER back again!

On the personal side: we did a lot of traveling. DH and I went to Acapulco, Orlando, Hawaii, California, and Chicago. It was a busy but fun year. We celebrated 25 years of wedding bliss in Hawaii and loved it there so much that we bought a timeshare there! Our youngest graduated from high school and firefighting academy and had his wisdom teeth out. Our oldest had a car wreck, got a dui, and moved back home UGH...our DD moved out on her own and bought a dog! And our third child tore his ACL and had to have knee surgery, miss his junior year of soccer and had his wisdom teeth out. I celebrated 9 years of being cancer free as well! DH changed jobs and love it and was also written up on ESPSN.com about his running streak. I lost 27 pounds and feel good once again! I VOW TO KEEP IT OFF this time!!!

I can only hope that 2008 is as good as 2007 with the fact that I'd like to be an empty nester by the end of this year! WOOHOO!!!!!

a side note: my friend whose parents were in a car accident is having a double funeral on Friday...her dad passed away today...please keep them in your prayers

2 comments:

Barb said...

WOW Laurie you accomplished quite a lot in 2007!! Imagine what will happen now that you are in a different frame of mind for 2008 sewing!

Sorry about the parents of your friend ~ that is very sad! I guess if I had to find something that could make my heart not hurt so bad, it would be THEY are together, and God has the plan!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I just had to click to see the photo of the quilt that your son did NOT want and had a good laugh - you do have a sense of humor!!!

Cheers!

Evelyn