Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Saturday, January 19, 2008

WHEW...a project finished!

WOW...thanks for all the comments on my last post! It's been FOREVER since I've had more than 2-3 posts...ever since I had to leave the stash buster group (which was my fault cuz I didn't post while I was in a quilting/blogging funk). It feels GOOD though to have a few more readers!!! If you visit, please comment cuz it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! LOL

Tonight DH and I are invited out with a group of his former co-workers/employees for a very nice dinner down on the Plaza in KC. The restaurant is called Plaza III and is very good! Plus, the dinner is paid for by the former company as a reward for one of the employees! WOOHOO!!!

A friend asked if I would quilt this quilt for her...her VERY OWN quilt! I said SURE!!! It is just too cute! Once I saw it I immediately knew that heart quilting was in order! I found a template and went for it. GOSH...I forgot how long it takes to do ruler/template work! But it was worth it cuz this is absolutely adorable!!! Sure hope she likes it!!

I am going to decide what UFO I want to work on next! Have a great weekend everyone!
Hugs,
Laurie





3 comments:

Rose said...

I love your friend's quilt...it is amazing what can happen with a simple design with a little thought. And I love how you quilted it, too.

Mary Johnson said...

Cute quilt and nice job quilting it. I hate ruler/template work and do VERY little of it...or maybe I hate it because I do very LITTLE of it!

Barb said...

Really pretty quilt Laurie, soft and gentle! Your friend did good and SO DID YOU! How was your dinner out (?), especially good when someone else pays LOL! Yep you are right comments to your blog makes it fun, and I am very happy to be one that comments for ya!! I always look forward to comments on my blog too! H/LY