Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Sunday, January 13, 2008

What a productive weekend I had!!!

CLARIFICATION: the tops were ALREADY MADE...I had to make backs, quilt them, make binding, and attach...all the postcards were made this weekend as well. After reading this it sounds like everything was done from start to finish this weekend and that was misleading...sorry for that!

These quilts will go to the fire station when they need more. The postcard is first and journals the quilt that follows. All 3 of these quilts need the binding hand sewn yet.


Used just a smidge over 3 yard for this quilt...all from STASH!!!


This quilt took 4 yards...all from STASH!!! pattern by Bonnie

This is my first attempt at embellishing a postcard...not bad!

This quilt took 3.5 yards and was all from STASH...I'm counting it for this year even though the top was made in '06 or so! LOL

I made this postcard to journal one of the quilts that was already sent to the fire station. You can see a pic of that quilt in my fire station slideshow on the right sidebar.

SOOOOO...a productive weekend that saw approximately 15.5 yards gone from the stash! Now THAT feels good!!!

(to date: 29 yards used which seems like a lot and I can't tell by looking at my stash...and 17 yards bought all for projects, 7 of those yards are firetrucks for wallhanging for the fire stations to hang on their walls...so I'm off to a pretty good start with a net of 12 yards gone! LOL)
Hugs
Laurie

3 comments:

Barb said...

BRAVO!! With good reason you SHOULD feel GREAT! You have been really doing a fantastic job with producing quilts for a good cause and USING your stash!! Congrats to you Laurie! I love your postcard journaling too! H/LY

tami said...

Wow! I am totally impressed. Great job.

Mary Johnson said...

That was a busy weekend! Love the postcards...embellishing is fun too isn't it?