Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Monday, December 05, 2005

Another type of Stash Reduction???


Does anyone else have this problem??? Quilt Magazines that seem to multiply...just like our fabric??? I tell ya...how many quilt mags can a person have?? DON'T ANSWER THAT!!! LOL And like my fabric stash, this isn't all of it...there are mags in my sewing room, kitchen basket, family room coffee table, and in my sitting room!!! It's time to go thru them once again and tear out ones that I THINK I might make someday! LOLOLOL What I do is I tear that quilt and it's directions out of the mag and put it in a plastic sleeve and then into a 3ring binder that holds all of those "Someday" quilt patterns! OK...back to cleaning! Or should I start perusing the magazines for that PERFECT pattern for the fabric pictured in an earlier post??? OH THE TEMPTATION!!! But I will resist! For now! ;)
Laurie

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Me, I'd be perusing the magazines for inspiration. But then maybe that's why it takes me so long to get my sewing room cleaned. I spend too much time looking at books and magazines and playing with fabric instead of cleaning. Have I mentioned that I'm EASILY sidetracked. LOL!

Granny said...

Ugh, I have that same problem. Back about this time last year, I bought a box of the plastic sleeves (good intentions!) but have never done anything with them. I'm so afraid of throwing away any portion of a quilt magazine!

Thanks for bringing another problem area of my life to the forefront! :)

Judy

Hunter said...

I have few quilting magazines but a ton of knitting mags. Every single time I sit down to take "one more look" before I toss them I end up paging through them and end up keeping them.

Marilyn said...

Oh, I'm definitely in the same boat. But I'm hanging onto the magazines. There have been several times when I've ended up making a quilt that I never thought I'd make when I first looked at it in a magazine. The trick is keeping all of the magazines in one place so I can actually find them. I have a nice bookshelf for them in my studio, but somehow those magazines just don't want to stay there.

Marilyn

Granny said...

You all helped me settle it. I am NOT throwing out magazines . . I am buying a larger home so I can store them! :)

Judy L.

Laurie Ann said...

I just bought my first magazine over the summer. I guess I'll be ware of the dangers! I am getting a good collection of individual patterns though. I love to by them in single "servings" as opposed to a book. As for Pie in the Sky, I am glad you looked them up. I knew you would like them since you like scrappy and bright. They may be too scrappy for just the fabrics in your picture, but if you grabbed a ton of your other brights you could use up a lot. I've made Bouillabase twice and Mumbo Gumbo once. Capricio is next!

The Calico Cat said...

I have the same 3 ring binder, but mine also has prints outs from free patterns that were online - quiltville..... & Mysteries. I like to do them after I know the solution....