Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Have a Safe New Year's Eve

I hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year's Eve. I am still sick, but maybe a smidge better than yesterday. Hopefully as the day progresses I'll feel better.


Today I'd like to press some fabric and possibly work on my P/A Blossom some more. I'll have to see how I'm feeling. I also would like to go to jazzercise at 9:00 this morning. I'm sure that would help.


Our New Year's Eve tradition of 23 years or so:
We play games in the afternoon and drink really good beer!!! Then we fondue. We do a cheese fondue with bread cubes and apples. Then we do a peanut oil fondue with pork, steak, tator tots, carrots, brocolli, and cauliflower. We have a horseradish/sour cream dip, garlic butter dip, and a tomato sauce/brown sugar/steak sauce dip for our main course items. THEN...for dessert we do a chocolate fondue with strawberries, pineapple, and bananas. We have a really good bottle or 2 of wine during this long meal! Then we lay sit on the couch and watch TV or a movie and drink more of that good beer! WE HATE TO BE ON THE ROAD...it is a very enjoyable way to bring in the New Year!


What are your plans?????

4 comments:

Hunter said...

What a party!

We have always stayed home together and watched the new year arrive.

May you feel all better soon and have a great weekend. Happy New Year.
Darilyn

Granny said...

Laurie: Sounds like a fun New Year's at your house. Glad to see you're feeling a bit better. No big plans here. We're staying home, Vince & Chad are watching a movie, the ice cream freezer is going . . one batch of cherry and one batch of mango for tonight. Champagne is chillin. I'm loading a quilt.

Hope your family has a wonderful New Year. Glad to be your friend again! :)

Judy

Laurie said...

Judy,
Your comment "glad to be your friend again" brought a very warm wave to my heart and a tear to my eye! Thank you so much for making this happen! Enjoy your New Year!
Hugs
Laurie

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Hi Laurie - we fondu too! Not to the extent that you do, but we do the hot oil with meats, lots of dips, cold salads, sandwich spreads and rolls. Yum! We make it special with a nice tablecloth and candle.

I might add the chocolate fondu next year because Little Boy would love it! Then again, I think I like Judy's idea of home-made icecream!

At midnight we were surrounded by fireworks - we just had to look out the window to enjoy the show. People were dancing to the Vienna Waltze down below in the street (a BIG Austrian tradition). I was thankful the baby slept through it all - nice and safe and snug in his bunk.

Cheers!

Evelyn