Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Friday, December 02, 2005

WARNING...sunglasses recommended!!!


Here is the fabric that caused my shame in the laundry tonight! (sigh) LOL Every year now for the past 3 years I have gone to Lancaster to "Quilter's Heritage" quilt show. I meet up with friends from PA and MI and sometimes CA! It is a blast and I always enjoy my time with these gals!

Last year I found the above fabrics and everyone was saying, "OMG, WHAT are you going to do with THOSE?" I just kept petting it and saying, "Make a quilt!" There faces there that were silently saying, "EW" "SURE THING LAURIE" and then someone said, "You HAVE to bring that back next year!" I said, "OK, you're on!" Well, the show is in April...I better get going figuring something out!

Aren't these fabrics GORGEOUS???? I'm thinking that there needs to be a splash of purple in there too!!!

Laurie

8 comments:

Samantha said...

purple would pop it perfectly, and maybe even a hint of green?

Granny said...

Oh, Sam beat me to it. I was going to say add a little green too. If you like Fossil Ferns, it looks like the green I used in Vicky's quilt might be perfect but it's hard to tell from a picture and you do way better than I do with choosing colors.

Yes, it is gorgeous fabric and I can't wait to see what you make with it.

Judy

Laurie said...

OH...GREAT IDEA...why didn't I think of GREEN...DUH (slapping myself on the forehead AGAIN!)
Laurie

Nancy said...

LOL! Ya'll all beat me. As soon as I saw the group of fabrics I was thinking "needs a touch of purple and just a little bit of the green." Guess we all just have the same good taste.

These fabrics are just so ME they look like somthing I would have picked out. I love the cool blues/greens, etc but what I REALLY love are the hot orange/red/yellows. So what do I have more of in my stash. The cool colors. Go figure!

Marilyn said...

Wow! I LOVE those fabrics, and I agree about adding some purple and some green. That was just what I was thinking when I saw the picture. Nice that we all think alike. I can't wait to see what you make with these!

Marilyn

Tracey said...

....and *I'll* be sure to let all of blogland know if you did indeed get it done on time for the show, Laurie! :oP Better get crackin'!

The Calico Cat said...

I like them, personally, I would use the leafy pring at the border with the oranges (& a couple purples) in the center - maybe purple stars on a scrappy orange background....

Maybe I'll see you in Lancaster.. I get there every once in a while... It usually comes and goes & I missed it....

My next blog will have my purple/orange quilt! (If not remind me...)

Finn said...

So neat ! I'll be watching to see what you make..*G*