Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Snowmen go Tropical!!!-

I finished this UFO today!!! WOOHOO!!! I just LOVE snowmen and when this pattern was discovered I said YEP...GOTTA MAKE THAT ONE!!! But the pattern had it made in tans/reds/blues/greens...BLAH...I said these snowmen have to have some ATTITUDE! So...here they are!

This is a closeup of the sashing/border fabric. I just think this quilt makes a person smile! YES?

DH and I went to the KC Symphony's "Magic of Christmas" concert and it was SO FUN! I thought we were just going to hear the orchestra play Christmas music but there was an adult choir, children's choir, dancers, soloists, one being a 10 yo girl who had an amazing voice...and sing-a-longs! IT WAS TOTALLY FUN!!! We really enjoyed it! Now to top the day off with a family dinner! WOOHOO!!!

Hugs
Laurie

8 comments:

Hunter said...

How cute and so cheerful. That's my kind of snowmen.

Aloha,
Darilyn

Finn said...

Laurie, I think those are the cutest snowmen I have ever seen, and I have seen ALOT! They are absolutely wonderful!! They look like they got hold of a box of crayolas and had a blast!!! Love that border fabric...great job on seeing the pattern and making them...the ski cap is such a nice change too from what they usually wear!

The Calico Cat said...

Love that snowman quilt! My GF made a similar quilt (O.k. so she used a snowman print instead of pieced snowmen) with yellow as a background. We call her quilt... are you ready... "Don't eat yellow snow!"

Once again, I love it! It really does brighten up a rather dreary season!

Granny said...

Laurie! That is so cute and yes, it definitely makes me smile. I love it! If you ever get tired of it, I think it would love living at my house!

Was it hard? What pattern is it?

Thanks!

Judy

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

This quilt is sooooo cute! I have to make one for my Little Boy - he LOVES snowmen and gives everyone he sees a hug and kiss - even the plastic ones. Love your bright and cheery colors too.

Cheers!

Evelyn

Laurie Ann said...

Oh oh oh!! I love love that quilt! Bright bright bright. A favorite of us Lauries, yeah? How big is it and who puts out the pattern? I wouldn't mind making that one.

Tonya Ricucci said...

I love your bright colors - definitely makes for a fun awesome quilt. Yes, it'd make me smile every time I saw it.

Catherine said...

I love how you did this...great colors. Much more fun with the brights and batiks!!