Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Friday, December 09, 2005

Wine Tasting...

DH and I are back from our wine tasting...it so neat to be able to taste the wine before purchasing. We can eliminate the bad stuff and just buy the ones we like! I used to never like the red wines before but last weekend I told DH to make a spreadsheet of our wines and we found out we had more RED than white! GO FIGURE!

So, we had to go to the warehouse sale and stock up on whites. Bought a few reds too! Also, an almond sparkling wine...it was yummy!!!!! I didn't think I'd like it but it was good!

I packed when we got home and am ready to head to Chicago tomorrow. DH and I are going to our son's soccer banquet on Sunday night. I spent about 3 hours in the kitchen making "kbars" for the boys. I took a batch to every game I went to and they loved them! Kevin said the guys thought I should make them their own batch for the banquet...NOT!!! They are too expensive. But they are each getting 10 bars for themselves! They will be happy!!!

Here's the "kbar recipe" if you want it:

1 cup of white sugar
1 cup of karo syrup
bring the above to a boil and immediately remove from heat
stir in 1 1/2 cup of peanut butter (use your favorite...don't scrimp on this)
then stir in 6 cups of rice krispies (generic is fine)
put the above into a 9x13 pan

Frosting:
melt 1/2 pkg of butterscotch chips and 1/2 pkg of semi-sweet chocolate chips together
spread on the bars

ENJOY!!!
Laurie

1 comment:

Granny said...

Laurie:

Have a safe and fun trip! Thanks for the recipe. They sound good.

We have a wine "allowance" and Vince checked last week to see if we have money left in our account and we do so we get to go wine shopping sometime between now and the end of the year. I doubt there's any almond sparkling in any of the brands we can get but that sure sounds good!

Judy