Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Catching up!!!


WOW...it seems like forever since I posted! I haven't had a chance to get all caught up on everyone's BLOGS but I will eventually! ;)

Let me start with Saturday. My dh and I left to drive to Chicago at 8:00AM. We got about 15 mins from home and I realized I forgot my cell phone! GRRRRRRR...HAD to go get it because DH didn't have his either. That put us 45 minutes behind schedule. The drive is uneventful except for a bit of snow in Iowa. Not too bad...we're Minnesotans and can handle it! LOL But then we get about 30 minutes west of Naperville, IL and snow is really coming down. We are in slow going traffic and then the IL DOT decides to shut down the road to 1 lane and it's DECEMBER...HELLO...no one does road work in Chicago in DECEMBER! UGH...we are not stuck and it takes us 45 mins to go about 2 miles. We call our son (the reason we were going there...for his soccer banquet on Sunday) and say we're running really late. Long story short, we get thru the traffic and then get stuck behind 3 snowplows going 30mph and not doing a thing as far as moving snow!!!!!!!! Another great big GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! By now an 8 hour trip is at 10+ hours...not good. It's closing on in 6:30 and we call DS and tell him we aren't going tomake it to take him to dinner and to see the Christmas lights in downtown Chicago. We are going to our hotel. Fortunately, he's fine with it. We decide we'll go see the lights after his banquet on Sunday.

Sunday comes and I go get Kevin and he comes to our hotel to watch the Division 1 men's soccer final with us. Then off we go to the banquet. It was a great banquet and I was shocked when at the end I was honored as the Fan of the Year!! LOL *VBG* I was given a team sweatshirt for this honor! I was THRILLED!!! BUT...the banquet went too long and we did NOT get to see the lights! DANG...we told Kev we'll have to do it next year.

Yesterday we make it home no problem...roads are clear and there aren't any problems to be had until we hit rush hour traffic in KC. (sigh) OH WELL!

Today it was "catch up" day. Clean the house, cleaned our closet and bedroom and bath, groceries, laundry, phone calls, emails etc. Just plain BUSY!

I did get something quilty done while in Chicago though. I finished the binding on my first commissioned t-shirt quilt! That is the pic above!!!

2 comments:

Finn said...

Congratulations Fan of The Year!!
What a wonderful honor..I'm so happy for you. And glad to hear you made the trip safely..even with ALLLL that stuff going on.

The quilt looks wonderful. I think t shirt quilts are hard. But you did a great job design wise, and it looks good. I'll bet the owner will be thrilled.

Granny said...

FAN OF THE YEAR! I'll say! You drive all over the country to see your kids play soccer. You should get MOTHER OF THE YEAR award too! Congratulations. I know Kevin was so proud of you! Good thing you all know how to drive in snow. The trip would have taken me a week!

Love the T-shirt quilt. I like the way you set the blocks.

Judy