Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Monday, December 26, 2005

We made it safely home!!!

I am thankful that the drive to and from MN was perfect. The weather cooperated quite nicely! Christmas Eve morning dh and I went to the cemetary to wish my mom a Merry Christmas. Since there was snow and it was warm enough I made a miniature snowman for mom and put it on her headstone! MERRY CHRISTMAS MOM!!!

Then off to my dad's and boy was the weather inside the house "chilly". I believe my sisters were po'd that I asked to open gifts before eating so my family could try to get to 6PM mass an over to the inlaws lots earlier so the little kids (1.5yo-8yo) could get their gifts done while they were still HAPPY! One sister bit my head off when I was teasin' her bout something stupid! My other sister barely l said 5 words to me the whole time. (sigh) Thankfully, my inlaws house was a LOT of fun!!!Then off to my dsil's place to spend the night. It was too weird cuz we slept in hers and my bro's bed (he left her a while back and has his own place). I didn't sleep well at all. I'm not sure I can do that anymore. The boys asked for hotel rooms again so they could have a bed...as Kev said, can we forego the hospitality for comfort next year?

We ended up not getting to mass on Christmas Eve night so we went to 10:00 Christmas morning. Then we hit the road for home. First we stopped to gas up and get food...gotta love food at the gas station! Once we got to KS we stopped and ate at the Fortune Wok. WONDERFUL FOOD! Then home for our own gifts! Everyone enjoyed their gifts and we share some wine, games, laughter afterwords! It was an AWESOME end! Today dh and I are going to have lunch at OC with Sarah. I have to return a top Sarah gave me for a size XL...(it's spandexy type and I need it a size bigger for these boobs of mine!) After lunch we are going to Borders. I need a wall calendar for my sewing room (didn't get that). Then probably home to veg out.

I'll have to get caught up later! I hope all of your holiday festivities were awesome!

Trish: I sew fabric around my labels to avoid having to stitch thru the Printed Treasures. That stuff is so tightly woven that it is hard to stitch thru! I hope you see this! I couldn't find a way to get to your blog! (waaaah!)

Hugs
Laurie

8 comments:

Hunter said...

Welcome home, Laurie. You were missed. :)

Darilyn

Finn said...

You know what Laurie? I think you made the absolute best of a hard situation. I'm pretty old and I've around that mulberry bush more than a few times. It almost seems like they must have had a "mad" going before you got there and asked...and I DON'T think what you requested about gifts was difficult or unreasonable....seems like some are just looking to vent.

So happy that you made the trip safely, and had such a wondeful time back home again. I know that helps. I'd vote for comfort next time..lots of appreciation but need your own space. Thump me on the head if I am speaking out of line..ok?? Hugs, Finn

Laurie said...

Thanks Darilyn! And Finn, not smacking you on the head! LOL...I think that will be best too! But I have a year to ponder it! ;) As for the sisters...not sure what the deal was, but it was out of character! You see, these 2 quilt and they are a huge part of why I miss Minnesota! I said to dh, maybe going home for good isn't the right choice...he knows how sad that makes me too! OH WELL! As the old saying goes, Life goes on!!!
Hugs
Laurie

Trish said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Trish said...

Hi Laurie, that is a smart idea to put a fabric frame around the Printed Treasures when you make a label. I'll definately have to try that next time.

I see that Blogger thinks my blog is on Blogger, and it isn't, even when I tried a link in the comment here.

You'll need to type 'www.randomthreads.com' (without the single quote marks) in your browser address field I guess to get there.

I found I had to set up a Blogger account in order to post comments on some Blogger sites, so that must have it confused.

The Calico Cat said...

Welcome back! Too bad about your sisters - I have a similar relationship with mine for what it's worth.....

Laurie said...

Well, the sisters dealio...it's not normal...we are usually very close. And I hadn't seen them in months so it makes it sadder cuz I was so looking forward to being home. Oh well, life moves on...
Laurie

Granny said...

Come to Kentucky next year for Christmas! :)

Judy