Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Saturday, December 17, 2005

My "Lifestyle Change" AKA D-I-E-T UGH!

Bonnie asked how I lost the weight. I have been going to a place called "Metabolic Research Center" since June 1. The people there are AMAZING and know me by name...they truly care!

Basically here is my day of food:
Breakfast:
2 medium eggs OR 2 oz of hard cheese
1 slice lo-cal bread
a protein drink

Lunch:
4 oz protein
8 oz raw veggies OR 4 oz cooked
fruit
protein drink

Dinner:
4 oz protein
8 oz raw veggies OR 4 oz cooked
1 slice lo-cal bread
protein drink

I can add up to 2 more protein drinks/day. The drinks contain 11-12 grams of protein. Amazingly enough I am not hungry on this UNLESS I increase my exercise. Then I add a string cheese stick as a snack if need be.

IT WORKS...and I feel TERRIFIC!!!

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Laurie,
Good for you on the weight loss. I know just how hard it is having lost 94 lbs. myself. Of course the really hard work is going to be keeping it off. Keep up the GREAT work! Your menu sounds very similar to mine except that I'm only doing one protein drink per day.

Marilyn

Laurie said...

WOOHOO Marilyn! CONGRATS on that HUGE weight loss! That's a whole person! YOU GO GIRL!!! :-D
Hugs
Laurie

The Calico Cat said...

How do you figure out the "oz"?
Are "Slim Fast" protein drinks?
I am upping my H2O intake and "trying" to watch what I eat.... (I have not started the SF but considering it....)

Laurie said...

I have a small kitchen scale that I bought at Target to weigh my food. As for the protein drinks...I get mine from Metabolic Research Center.

I don't think SlimFast is a protein drink...that is a meal replacement drink. I did a google search, typing in protein drinks and several links came up.

Good job upping your water intake! AWESOME!!!
Hugs
Laurie