Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Friday, December 30, 2005

I'm sick...and my HOT date

Why is it when a person has great plans for the day that person wakes up feeling like CRUD??? I woke up at 4AM with a HORRIBLE sore throat...it felt like I had a marble in my throat the size of a half dollar. Woke up at 9 and cold hardly talk it hurt so badly. So I showered and went to urgent care. The Dr. said it's not infected yet but she suspects a sinus infection is brewing cuz I have a lot of fluid below my eardrums. So, off to the pharmacy.

Then Kev had an appt at the hospital at 11:15 for his back. He saw a pain guy. We are going to do some physical therapy for the remaining 2 weeks that he is home. He also was told to try Yoga, stretching, abdominal work, and weights to strengthen the back. But as long as he's physically active to expect to have pain. Then I had to stop at Moe's to get Kev's work schedule from Joe so I could get the therapy sessions scheduled.

Now I am waiting for DH to finish lunch and we have to go to the grocery store for our fondue food for tomorrow. It'll just be Dan and us. We're almost back to just DH and myself for New Year's Eve! Things tend to go full circle!I'm not sure what I'll do the rest of the day cuz I'm really wiped out. I didn't even go to jazzercise this morning. I suspect I'll be in bed early though.

My HOT Date was FUN!!! I felt like a million BUCKS and DH dressed nicely too! ;o) The food at PF Chang's was great! I had Kung Pao Chicken! YUMMY!!! Then we went to Old Chicago and met up with our boys and let Sarah wait on us!

And YEPPERS...we still have 2 SHOPPING days left before stash BUSTING begins!!!! HAVE AT IT LADIES!!!

3 comments:

Granny said...

Laurie, I'm sorry you're feeling badly and hope you caught it before it gets worse. So glad you looked great and enjoyed your hot date! Thankfully, the sore throat held off til after the date, huh?

Judy

Finn said...

Hi Laurie, hope I've got the right one..*VBG* I think I do..LOL.

I just saw your weather pixie has a christmas tree and a little black cat..too cute!!!

Anyway...the Jewel box quilt. Mostly I don't work from a "pattern"..I just pick a block I like and then figure out how I want to "set" it..ya know? The jewel box block is soooo simple..just 2 four patches and 2 half square triangle pairs. That's all I did and then stuck lattice inbetween, with a setting post..kind of continues the diagonal run look. I'm sure the jewel box block is in some of the online block sights like Quilts Galore, or Blocks Galore.

I think my 4 patches were from 2.5" squares and then 4.5" hst's. Does make a pretty quilt I think. Hope that helps..if not, then hollar...ok?? *VBS*

Mary Johnson said...

I love PF Changs - I told my husband I wanted to go out to dinner this week to our PF Changs after reading your post. Hope you're feeling better.