Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

WELL??? Opinions please!

Here are 2 sample blocks I made for the Pineapple Blossom. One uses the focus as the center/triangles and the other uses a pale mint green (it shows more white on here) in those places. If I use the focusx I would probably not use the minty green because it is TOO light. If I use the minty green I might not use the focus (although it does work) in the block and instead us it as the border. I do know that I don't want to sash this one. I like the look without sashing better.

Opinions please...Top block or Bottom one???

Hugs,
Laurie
(I'm off to listen to some jazz music with DH!)

8 comments:

Jeanne said...

My vote is for the bottom one, but yes, without the mint log -- it seems too light.

The Calico Cat said...

To start, I vote for using the focus as the center & triangles. (I'd skip the mint green - it is too light - maybe use it as a narrow inner border....)

But for a third option, you can use the mint green as the center and triangles (it works well in that role as it is lighter that the others) & then use the focus as your border.....

The other fabrics look great together! (I like that plaid, it adds some wonderful texture...)

Laurie Ann said...

I like the bottom one without the mint green. And you should definately buy the pink/brown track suit for yourself for Xmas! You can put it under the tree for you from Santa!

Finn said...

I'm with Laurie Ann, and since I'm more than old enough to be your mom..*VBG*..I say BUY IT..and let them wonder how it got here..*G*. It's good for them to be a bit confused by Mom.

My vote would be for the bottom block. Such a dramatic impact it has, but same as above..not the mint green strip..it distracts from the impact. I even like you sample block..welcome to "Orphan Alley"...*VBG*

Laurie said...

Laurie Ann and Finn...you 2 cracked me up! I think I WILL go buy that outfit and wrap it up from Santa!!! What a great idea!

And WOW...I'm surprised that 4/4 chose the bottom block! I would've bet the house that the top block would win! WOOHOO...me thinks it's a sewing day today! YEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW!!!!

Hugs,
Laurie

Hunter said...

Wow, that leaf fabric is beautiful. I wish I could stick my hand through the monitor and touch it. ;)

Aloha,
Darilyn

Leah Spencer said...

I vote with everybody else - the bottom block is better, but the pale mint green has to go. :)

Laurie said...

Pink...you are SO right on the leaves. They look like they are blowing in the wind! Thanks for that visual...maybe that will help me name it when it's done!
Hugs
Laurie